Solo with no BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginti

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
And you said you weren't going to reply. :(

Never. I said "do not expect me to reply" about a very specific topic, not in general. And I didn't reply you about that topic (mentioned in your answer).

Anyway... I hope you take it as easy as me :) It isn't a competition between users, no one will be the winner. Just exchange of ideas.

Peace and love

captain

Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess flying a single engine, single seat aircraft with just an altimeter, air speed indicator and gyro horizon, no parachute, radio no GPS is out of the question.

Wibble

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I guess flying a single engine, single seat aircraft with just an altimeter, air speed indicator and gyro horizon, no parachute, radio no GPS is out of the question.
All those early aviators flying around without GPS... All those engineers designing with a slide rule and no computers...

OP
northcave

northcave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Amazed this thread is still going. In the end I didn't dive solo with my drysuit alone as I felt I was insufficiently experienced. Either way I appreciate all the comments and debate on this thread from which I've learned a lot. Many thanks!

PBcatfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Duplicate post, please delete

PBcatfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I often dive solo to clean boat bottoms with no BC. In this case, I am in warm water with no suit, usually in about 10 feet of water & not going deeper than 5 or 6 feet. When cleaning boat bottoms, the less gear I bring, the less I have to clean smelly bottom growth debris off of when I get out. A BC can be tough to get the stench out of. If I weight correctly, I start a couple of pounds negative & end about neutral or a pound positive. If I need emergency buoyancy (which is not likely) I could drop my weight belt.

I will sometimes do rec dives to about 30' with no BC in areas that I know well. This makes the rig very streamline, especially if I use an aluminum 40 for a primary tank. It's almost like free diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Top Bottom