Solo traveler looking for ideas for a <$2,500 weeklong vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw some nurse sharks. There was apparently one pretty big one that I missed. One of the girls on the trip was trying to point it out to me, but I never saw it. My mask was kind of foggy at the time. I think she said it was a bullshark maybe?

She made fun of me after the dive for not seeing it. The next dive though a shark swam within arms reach of her right hand side when she was looking to her left. She had a pretty big jolt when she turned and saw it right beside her.

I got 7 dives in, I had a couple that were rained out. I generally just like to go on one dive trip a day so all and all I'm pretty happy with the amount of dives I did.

Edit: just noticed you're also from KY. Small world haha
I am in the same boat as a solo diver looking for cost effective trips. Key Largo is excellent! I have also used Rainbow reef many times. The Spiegel Grove is my favorite wreck dive.

Roatan is also amazing. I will definitely be back. Great diving, cheap!, and hot sunny weather.

I am in the same boat as a solo diver looking for cost effective trips.
Once your dive count hits the point where getting solo-certified is an option, if solo diving is something you care to do, you might consider this - 2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites. In a nutshell, for little more than the cost of a 7 or 8-day trip with 22 - 30 dives, I had a 14-day trip with 48 dives. The basic idea was to have the equivalent of 2 dive trips, but only pay for round trip airfare once.

Otherwise, Cozumel and some Bahamas live-aboards (e.g.: Blackbeards, Juliet, Bahamas Aggressor with a 25%+ off sale, etc...) or Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan are what I'd price. But for Roatan, when I researched options, I decided that for me the small upcharge to opt for CocoView Resort was worth it - CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021.

Richard.

Update on Vidanta Resort Playa de Carmen single suite $1,100 no kitchen dive shop, golf, waterpark and ferry to Coz nearby NOT all inclusive which I prefer. Have 10 rooms

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom