Solo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I apply intense pressure and pull out all the stops. I'll even come away with wing OPV valves in the stolen items inventory during failures and push the student to the max stress threshold. The next dive:
...Sounds like my Rescue Diver Course...but on steroids! lol

What exactly is "solo diving"? To me a solo diver isn't just someone who shows
up at the dive site and jumps in. It is more complicated than that. If I am diving
with a buddy who is unaware or unconcerned about my whereabouts, I am
actually doing a form of solo diving. Further, if you are more than a breath away
from your buddy you may as well be alone as the results will be the same.

What exactly is "solo diving"? To me a solo diver isn't just someone who shows
up at the dive site and jumps in. It is more complicated than that. If I am diving
with a buddy who is unaware or unconcerned about my whereabouts, I am
actually doing a form of solo diving. Further, if you are more than a breath away
from your buddy you may as well be alone as the results will be the same.

Being a good buddy goes both ways. If your buddy won't stay next to you, then you have to stay next to them. Otherwise, you are equally at fault.

Being a good buddy goes both ways. If your buddy won't stay next to you, then you have to stay next to them. Otherwise, you are equally at fault.

:bs:

According to that reasoning, the 'good buddy' is forever shackled to chasing the inconsiderate one. For some reason, solo training, carrying a pony, and gentle reminders that when the buddy strays, he's leaving his emergency gas seems to work much better. :wink:

According to that reasoning, the 'good buddy' is forever shackled to chasing the inconsiderate one. For some reason, solo training, carrying a pony, and gentle reminders that when the buddy strays, he's leaving his emergency gas seems to work much better. :wink:

That's all fine and well AFTER the dive. If that was the behavior of a regular buddy I would say find a new buddy. But there are times you get saddled with an insta buddy. If that person is "that" type, it's up to you to be the good buddy for that dive. You can talk about it afterwards.

Personally, I love to solo dive and it's my main form of diving. There are times on boats when you get buddied up though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom