Solo diving on a rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for the tips. I spoke to my buddy and the problem has not reappeared so either he goofed up one of the steps on the checklist or some junk got in his mushroom valves. Where he dives there is often a lot of debris floating on the surface. I told him to be careful when getting into the water and protect your mouthpiece. He also should have couch dived it before taking it into the water again

If unsure about debris in the mushroom valves you can check them during a dive my collapsing the breathing hose and blowing and sucking on each side in turn

If unsure about debris in the mushroom valves you can check them during a dive my collapsing the breathing hose and blowing and sucking on each side in turn

Thanks! That's a great tip. I never knew how to check that during a dive. Maybe I should post more than once every five years :)

Thanks! That's a great tip. I never knew how to check that during a dive. Maybe I should post more than once every five years :)

Please do. Even though I learned this too from Rob just now it originated from your comment so thanks.

Rob, I hope to meet you sometime. I am coming to Florida in April for a CCR cave course with Randy Thornton but that will be the first of many trips. I really like your willingness to provide help on the forums like you do. I can only imagine that I would learn a ton from a class with you.

Thanks
Garth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will cooper hose be ok with getting collapsed like that?

Great question. My guess is probably not!

Would think the copper wire would not bend back after that kind of crush. Drager hose probably okeydokie and a good check to do.

I would guess no as well. I suspect if you own a set you likely already knew that:eyebrow:

You suspect correctly.

There's a thread on RBW now about inherent risks of radial scrubbers (meg), and as much as I limit myself when solo diving my rEvo vs. solo diving on OC, I'd think even harder about solo diving a radial given the lower margin for error in packing.

You suspect correctly.

There's a thread on RBW now about inherent risks of radial scrubbers (meg), and as much as I limit myself when solo diving my rEvo vs. solo diving on OC, I'd think even harder about solo diving a radial given the lower margin for error in packing.

I dive a hammerhead with radial scrubber and would not consider the scrubber being radial as to whether I feel comfortable solo diving.

Conditions, Conditions, Conditions... What is the environment like, what is current, flow or temperature, what is the depth, etc.

Adequate bailout and pre dive checks are what catch people off guard. To my knowledge radial scrubbers haven't lead to any major incident in the hammerhead rebreather. Nonetheless, I spend adequate time preparing my scrubber and pay close attention to the quality of the pack. That would be the same if I was diving an axial.

Just curious if you have considered flood tolerance into your calculations if solo diving when on your ReVO or the sensitive nature of its ADV when not installed properly?

Cheers,
Garth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom