Solo diver seeks info on Cooper River March 28 or 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

likelite

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks, I'll be in the Cooper River area late March and was interested in picking up a fossil tooth diving trip. Problem is, all the websites require group reservations, and for a couple of logistical reasons it might be hard for me to cobble together five more people to go.

Anyone got thoughts on a charter I could pick up as a solo on March 28 or 29, 2008? Any info much appreciated.

I would suggest Cooper River Scuba Diving - Dive Charleston South Carolina's Cooper River for your trip. Captain Johnny runs a tight shop/ship and has a great knowledge of the ‘good’ spots.

I do not know if he can do Friday, but as for Saturday you should be ok. He normally has some solos or pairs that are always ready to hit the river. Usually if he can get three or four he will go. I would give him a call / email and explain your situation and he can give you the best direction on how to get a charter.

I also run trips to the Cooper (I use Cooper River Scuba Diving - Dive Charleston South Carolina's Cooper River for all our trips) regularly and should be running something a weekend near your planned time. If I have a group that weekend I will let you know.

Good Luck,

Patrick Heraghty
Wish You Were Here … Diving

I can give you a phone number. I dive the river a good bit. Captain Tom will take you out to some pretty profitable areas for a good price. PM me

Hey I'm interested in diving the Cooper as well. Thanks for some great info. Maybe we could go together?

I will be ready to go to the Cooper River in March, but since obtaining custody of my children last week I have to choose my weekend when nothing else is going on for them. Keep watching this thread or PM me, and I will work with you on setting up a time. Noticed you use the same BC as I do. Gotta love the Ranger. I wouldn't go for the flathead reg though. Atomic Aquatics has a much better reg. I have had a Zeagle and sold it. Try the M1 from Atomic. You won't be disappointed.

Yea and I love the M1

Is this trip still going on? Got room for one more?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom