Soliciting opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Personally i really like this photo, it is a very different look at a nudibranch if you ask me. I like the leading lines and the patterns presented. However, i have shown a couple of other people and they have sort of hummed and hawed about it.

So, please give me your opinion

Thanks
Mike

I like it for a more arty shot. Those who know nudis will immediately recognize it. You wouldn't want a whole book of these shots, but I think having the odd one here and there is very effective - in itself and for other shots of your work.

The lines, shape, colours and texture are very pleasing aesthetically, IMHO.

There is great detail in the creature itself, too.

FWIW, on my monitor the colours come out a bit soft.

A good composition. Works the page. Good inter-play of lights and darks.
(BFA Painting and Drawing, Univ. of Ga.)

It's cool, I like it!

Does not look like a sea slug, more like a close up of a sea cucumber or something?

I think it depends a lot on who you show this photo to. If the people you ask are more into big fish or reef scenes and not so much interested in biology or arts they might not be impressed...

However, I like it a lot because it's very different from the many "normal" nudibranch images you get to see. Like you said it's special because of the patterns, lines and the different angle.

Gaby

Artsy, colors a little down, probably my computer, im sure the pic. is better. Kinda neet though somthing not seen alot would look great in an album with other shots!
Definately worth taking.

Mike,

When I first looked at the thumbnail, I thought I was looking at a computer-generated fractal image and not a nudibranch. Of course, once I saw the full image, it's clearly all natural. I like the image a lot, but as others here have said, I think that some reef/wildlife image snobs might not appreciate it fully. I think that the resemblance to a fractal does a great job of capturing the harmony between chaos and natural order that we find in every part of life.

Mike Veitch:
So, please give me your opinion
What's not to like? It's a pretty picture, easy on the eye, with pleasant natural curves and colors. Might even be a conversation starter... "what's that???"
I don't think you intended it to be a definitive "creature ID" shot or the demonstration of some technical detail of photography, eh?
I believe you meant it to be pleasing to the eye, and I call it "pleasing."
Thanks for sharing.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom