Soliciting opinions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the pattern, but on my computer the image doesn't have much depth. I think this one would be a great image do do some manipulation.

I think the idea is nice but I think it is a bit bland. I don't know if you use internal flash only or if you have external strobe. For this kind of shot, I think it would be nice to have the strobe to the side and experiment a bit more with shadow to give it a bit more depth. However if you intend it to be an abstract pattern, I guess flat perspective with not a lot of shadow would be better. May be a little bit more sharpening would make the picture jump out a bit more. The back of the nudibranch is not quite in focus or seemed a little soft. The focus is right by the rhinopores only so may be a bit more depth of field would be nice.

Thanks for the replies everyone, amazing the differing amount of ways that people see this image.

THanks for taking the time out to comment on it.
For those wondering, its taken with D70, Aquatica Housing, 105mm lens with a +1 close up filter and two Sea and Sea 120s

Mike

Hi Mike:

Late to the thread, but a lot of the macro stuff I have shot over the years is interesting, not because I got the critter in context or behaving, but because of the color and eye appeal of the image. Literally underwater modern art. I have several examples of (ho hum) coral that fit into this catagory. I have gotten a lot of "I dont know what it is but it looks neat" from friends. I think your nudi fits into this niche and get a "nice shot" from me.

---Bob

I like it but without the underwater context I can see where some would not. It's like art in general - in the eye of the beholder. I know what it is so I can appreciate it in a different way than someone that has not seen the whole thing in its surroundings. Maybe it's like the "Magic Eye" pictures - some can see it and some can't :D.

Nope, does nothing for me.

fergyjohn:
Nope, does nothing for me.

Got to love an honest opinion, methinks perhaps you prefer WA?

How bout this?

Great shot..........you lucky B*****D. You just have to rub it in our faces EH!

I'm sorry, just a little bit jealous that's all! :crying:

getwet2:
Great shot..........you lucky B*****D. You just have to rub it in our faces EH!

I'm sorry, just a little bit jealous that's all! :crying:

Yea i guess you're right, i was rubbin it in a little wasn't i? Tell ya what, disregard that last photo... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom