Closed SOLD-Canister Light Dive Xtras X-Ray MK1 LED 3000+ lumens scuba Li-Po / 5 settings

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am very interested in light. I Primarily dive in close to 0vis water doing S/R. Usually around .5inches to .75 inches of visibility. Poor visibility is due to sediment / fragments in the water. Have you ever used your light in water like this or know any one who has. Would it Puncture through or just light up a fog you can’t see through? That’s the only thing holding me back from buying something like this / yours.

Hello, I am very interested in light. I Primarily dive in close to 0vis water doing S/R. Usually around .5inches to .75 inches of visibility. Poor visibility is due to sediment / fragments in the water. Have you ever used your light in water like this or know any one who has. Would it Puncture through or just light up a fog you can’t see through? That’s the only thing holding me back from buying something like this / yours.
I have dived in water pretty bad (seattle in polluted Lake Union - 1-2 ft vis) and I'd say it does better than any other light I've owned. it has a very cncentrated square beam in the middle, with a light flare around that so I think the square beam would punch.

I have dived in water pretty bad (seattle in polluted Lake Union - 1-2 ft vis) and I'd say it does better than any other light I've owned. it has a very cncentrated square beam in the middle, with a light flare around that so I think the square beam would punch.
BTW it is a 10 degree beam (the hotspot). I just measured it.

Sorry, I meant the beam angle for the hotspot.
Hello again. So I just measured the beam angle at the hotspot. It is 10 degrees. What I did, and let me know if I'm off on my thinking, was took the light head at the LED 2 ft off the ground and measured the width of the hotspot - 6 inches. I then took a 12:1 inch ratio and measured the degree angle. 10 degrees. Hope that helps.

Hello again. So I just measured the beam angle at the hotspot. It is 10 degrees. What I did, and let me know if I'm off on my thinking, was took the light head at the LED 2 ft off the ground and measured the width of the hotspot - 6 inches. I then took a 12:1 inch ratio and measured the degree angle. 10 degrees. Hope that helps.
Yeah, that is the I was asking for and you measured it exactly the way I would have. I was hoping it was smaller, since my exiting mb-sub is 8 degrees and works well, but I wouldn't mind a smaller/tighter hotspot.

Whatcha think, would it work for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom