Solar hot water ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augk

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any one out there who is familiar with solar hot water systems for heating domestic hot water in the northeastern united states? :confused:

I've got one, but I don't know I'd call myself familiar with it...I ignore it until it breaks then I call someone.

thanks Damselfish,

looks like thats what I will be doing the system seems to be working well.
We just bought a new house and it has the solar hot water system.
I tried to get as much info from the previous owner at the closing but his mind was on his move to FL.

My mother (in Florida, BTW) has had one for many years. It works great until we have a couple of days of overcast weather.

Also, find out the procedure for draining the system when it freezes. She had a couple of pipes freeze and break before she got religious about that. Of course, considering that the system is designed for installation in your area, the system might have provisions to prevent freezing built in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom