Sofnolime or Intersorb Availability and Prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX has Sofno in stock. The price bites.

As DGX explained themselves a few posts up. As they explained, the cost increase is largely due to ocean transportation costs. Or do you think they should have eaten the increase?

As DGX explained themselves a few posts up. As they explained, the cost increase is largely due to ocean transportation costs. Or do you think they should have eaten the increase?
Please re-read my post. I stated the fact - the sorb is available - and referred to a price increase. That's all.

Isn't this exactly the kind of thing that US Free Enterprise is supposed to easily solve? Is there not a US maker of absorbent? It's really not that complicated of a product for a chemical/materials manufacturer?

Yes I would volunteer to test it...please send kegs ; )

Sure it's made in the US... WR Grace Sodasorb... https://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Sodasorb_Manual.pdf

Rebreather absorbent is mostly calcium hydroxide and it's primarily from the UK for the same reason steel mills used to be located near coal mines and aluminum smelters near hydroelectric plants... availability and costs of raw materials. If you don't care about the cost, make it anywhere you please... there is plenty of calcium in the ground. It occurs to me that given dramatic increases in energy and transport costs it might actually now be cost effective to manufacture a quality product it in the US specifically for use in breathing gas applications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom