Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all these notes.

Very late to the party but ok, any trip where you see a manta on dive one is a pretty good trip. :) I have got to get to Socorro some time...

Since you like to see mantas, here are some pictures taken by Jim Keller during the dives. I'll post more of the manta pictures and video clip in the trip video later (hopefully by Sunday).

14DSC_1847.jpg
15DSC_1838.jpg
13DSC_1829.jpg

Thanks for posting, Dan. This just got bumped way up the list. What are the months you guys recommend going?

Reactions: Dan
Thanks for posting, Dan. This just got bumped way up the list. What are the months you guys recommend going?
December-January for calmer weather (good for the 24-hour ride) and better visibility.

Thanks, Dan. Going to start planning this one now. Do you normally dive it in a 5mm full with hood that time of year?

Thanks, Dan. Going to start planning this one now. Do you normally dive it in a 5mm full with hood that time of year?
Yes. The guy in short and rash guard was from Chicago. Don't mind him.

Yes. The guy in short and rash guard was from Chicago. Don't mind him.
I kinda figured he might be from polar stock. :)

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom