Socorro liveaboard early January 2016 - is it worth the price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topper1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi
I have done 10 liveaboards in the Red Sea (north, center, south) and 2 liveaboards in Asia (Komodo in Indonesia and Tubbataha in the Philippines).

I have been offered a spot on an early January one week liveaboard for Socorros Islands and I think the boat looks good.
But it is around 3,200 USD for a week and I am curious if it is worth the high cost...
For the price of one week liveaboard in the Socorros (3,200 USD) Islands I could do 3 liveaboards in the Red Sea or 2 liveaboards in the Maldives :-/

So...would it be worth it? For the high price I do hope the diving will be mindblowing...would it be?

Yes it is. $3200 may be expensive...certainly compared to the Red Sea...there are only so many places in the world where you can the type of experience that the Socorros offer. And, compared with Cocos and Galapagos, it's actually far cheaper and easier to get to the launching point. Have been to all three places, feel free to pm if you'd like me to answer any questions.

So...would it be worth it? For the high price I do hope the diving will be mindblowing...would it be?
We were there a few days before the Orca - Humpback event. So we missed it. You never know what you are going to see in this wild place. You might want to stay on the couch and watch the Discovery channel or Disney. It is up to you.

Yes more than worth it. And as an earlier poster said much easier to get to than cocos etc.

Along with Galapagos, it is one of my favorite big water destinations. The Red Sea boats have the advantage of 10 cent fuel. I think a Socorro trip covers more miles than a lot of Indo trips, not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom