Socorro Aggressor in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For places like Socorros, my BCD pocket has a reef hook and a slew of other do-nothing swimming partners (rattle, snorkel, mirror, and sausage and reel). They almost never get used but are there just in case.

A retractable reel for the SPG is a good idea to minimize inadvertent damage in areas where there may be corals - be it in Socorros or elsewhere.

There are places or boats where gloves may not be allowed. You may wish to ask Aggressor. I don't recall because I don't like to use them: I shoot and I don't have the same grip and feel with gloves on.

I use full foot fins (ie, no booties). The only thing I feel down there on occasions is if I get stung by something in the exposed skin areas below the ankle. But as with the discussion on wetsuits, getting cold varies from person to person.

One other consideration as far as getting cold: I usually don't feel cold on the first and second dives, but when I do 3-4 dives a day, day after day, I tend to get cold the last two dives.

I have been in Palau Aggressor II & Maldives Aggressor II. Both liveaboards prohibit divers to wear gloves. Socorro Aggressor may follow the franchise “rule”.

Great dive report. So I take it, you did not see any whales while out on the scuba boat… Looks like you saw oceanic white tips? I have heard they are seen, I have not seen picture evidence yet. Also, looks like you did not see any whalesharks… I might have a chance, but I think it’s the tail end of the season.

Reactions: Dan
Great dive report. So I take it, you did not see any whales while out on the scuba boat… Looks like you saw oceanic white tips? I have heard they are seen, I have not seen picture evidence yet. Also, looks like you did not see any whalesharks… I might have a chance, but I think it’s the tail end of the season.

I have not seen Oceanic Whitetip Shark (OWS) in Eastern Pacific, yet. What I saw there were Silvertip Sharks that “look like” OWS. Many divers confuse & mistakenly identify Silvertip as OWS. If you want to see OWS, go to Red Sea, dive in place like Brothers.

Yes, we did Red Sea Aggressor I (Brothers route) last June, and to be honest, the liveaboard experience left us hungry for more. The trip on that boat with that crew was nothing short of spectacular.

Everything was perfect with the exception of the snag when trying to make it to the boat with us and the bags on a golf cart. It’s funny now, but not so funny then, but the suckurity guard was saying “no golf carts beyond this point” yet others were wizzing by… I told him he was an a-hole… not sure if he understood me, but I gave him a piece of my mind as we schlepped our bags to the boat.

According to this table, yes, you may have a better chance to see the whalesharks in April.

F92FBA08-48D2-4851-8DC0-7E798D8A0C38.jpeg

We did see a few Humpbacks when I was in whale watching trip in Cabo San Lucas (CSL). Also when we were crossing from CSL to Socorro & back.

Yes, we did Red Sea Aggressor I (Brothers route) last June, and to be honest, the liveaboard experience left us hungry for more. The trip on that boat with that crew was nothing short of spectacular.

Everything was perfect with the exception of the snag when trying to make it to the boat with us and the bags on a golf cart. It’s funny now, but not so funny then, but the suckurity guard was saying “no golf carts beyond this point” yet others were wizzing by… I told him he was an a-hole… not sure if he understood me, but I gave him a piece of my mind as we schlepped our bags to the boat.

You’ll be hungry no more in Socorro. I can guarantee that you’ll see plenty of big fish, mantas, dolphins & tons of sharks. There may not be as many sharks as in Cocos, but you’ll be full up to the point of “ohh that’s another whitetip reef sharks”

I didn’t see any Tiger shark, but plenty of scalloped hammerheads in last December. From what I heard, cooler water may bring those hammerheads closer to the surface. So, you might see more of them than what I saw in December.

No night dive for us then. Just snorkeling with Silky off the back deck of the ship.

I brought reef hook, but not ended up using it as the currents were few & mild.

No thermocline. If there was one, it was very mild, from 77F at surface to 75F at 100 feet depth.

I'm going to Revillagigedos this May. I will be diving my full 5mm with a 5/3 hooded vest. I like being warm. To each their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom