Social Conscious advertising policy of Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwhkg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious if there is any Socially or Moraly Conscious advertising Policy at Scuba Board?

Am surprised to see an ad from a Filipina Dating Service , complete with alluring photos, being featured here in a scuba diving forum site.

With all the programs being lauched against such activities does it make sense for SB to accept such ads?

We can only block URL's from advertising (via google) from sites we know we need to block.

PM me the URL (because they are also geo-targeted - so I don't see them myself), and I will block them.

IOW... This is a google ad, and ScubaBoard does not directly accept money from services like this.

There are adds on ScubaBoard?

FilipinoCupid.com complete with pictures shows up in the leaft hand side of page along with other advertisers like Zeagle, Dive, Dancer Fleet, Padi etc

I've blocked them from Google Ads.

They are a GOOGLE AD. Like I said earlier. SB is not supporting them, and in an hour or so, you shouldn't see them again.

You are seeing an ad for Zeagle?

Also - like I said... You are seeing that because GOOGLE targets you. I would have to guess you see this banner on other websites you visit?

Anyway... Please allow an hour or so for Google to accept the blocked URL, if you can; let me know if they are in fact blocked by later today (or I guess morning for you?)

ok noted, yes occasionaly there is an ad there for Zeagle, Google targets me thats funny, anyway thanks

ok noted, yes occasionaly there is an ad there for Zeagle, Google targets me thats funny, anyway thanks

Zeagle stopped advertising with SB in December.

Yes. Google targets EVERYONE on the net. That is why Google Adsense is so successful for them and for the hosts.

Google adsense banners appear in a few locations on the site. We also do accept direct advertising, but none direct from any dating services, or offensive sites.

Yeah, what is really funny about this is that these are targeted ads, based on the cookies in YOUR computer. For instance, I see ads for products I've googled recently. One of those is Adobe Illustrator, another is a hardware company that makes a sound card for a computer. I guess if you're seeing a targeted Phillipina dating site, it's because someone from your computer (whoever could that be?) was googleing Phillipina dating sites. Hmmmm.

Anyway, clear all your cookies, and you won't have the problem, until you google something else. That, or block all cookies.

By the way, it's a ScubaBoard user that wrote and developed the algorithms and software that Google bought that makes this happen. He makes a whole lot of money every time it works, so keep on dating Philipinas.

what i meant was that an ad for Zeagle appears occasionaly in that same left hand side of screen.

I guess if you're seeing a targeted Phillipina dating site, it's because someone from your computer (whoever could that be?) was googleing Phillipina dating sites. Hmmmm.

Anyway, clear all your cookies, and you won't have the problem, until you google something else. That, or block all cookies.

By the way, it's a ScubaBoard user that wrote and developed the algorithms and software that Google bought that makes this happen. He makes a whole lot of money every time it works, so keep on dating Philipinas.[/QUOTE]

hehehe thats pretty funny. anyway thanks for the enlightening info, cookies are cleared

Back
Top Bottom