SoCal Meet, Greet and Dive - Saturday February 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds like a great idea. Can you give me the names of a couple 1 day charters?
Nevermind, forgot there was a sticky. Let me go there first.

Sundiver, Sand Dollar Magician, Great Escape, Bottom Scratcher. Peace and Spectre out of Ventura.

That sounds like a great idea. Can you give me the names of a couple 1 day charters?
Nevermind, forgot there was a sticky. Let me go there first.

California Dive Boats : The Official Page

Best bet is probably the Magician, which is a great local dive boat, and which is heading out to Catalina on the 6th, on a recreational Sport Chalet charter. Just call the number listed in the calendar to book a spot.

Another good option is the Great Escape, but it doesn't look like they're heading out on the 6th. Depending on your skill level and how long you're staying, they are going to Farnsworth on the 7th, open boat so you can book directly with them, but that's definitely an advanced (but great!) dive.

I usually recommend the Sea Bass, but it doesn't look like they have a charter on the 6th, and the 7th is a tech charter.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the Sand Dollar or the Bottom Scratcher (these others are far better, IMO), but they'll do in a pinch.

There are more options up in Ventura, but that would probably be a 2-hour drive North. A number of options for diving Anacapa or Santa Cruz islands there, as well. (The Peace and the Spectre are great options there, Peace is best.)

Thanks very much, that's the sort of info I was looking for. I didn't know where to start, I started with scubaluv but they are already on Catalina, and I would have to get there first.
I'm only there Friday-Sunday at around 11 am, so Saturday is my day for diving.
Thanks for the help in trying to salvage my dive weekend!

OK, I have some phone numbers for charters, I am going to take my chances and wait till Friday to book something, in case the weather gets nice and the M&G is still on.

Sundiver should be going out as well, and they go out of Alamitos on the south end of Long Beach so is closer to where you are going to be. See this thread Sundiver They have openings on the Express for Sat and Sun. $95 - 3 dives.

Last edited:
Got it, Merxlin, I'll be on the Saturday one. Sorry everyone for not being able to maybe meet you this time, I just can't chance a cancellation of the M&G and had to go with a sure thing.
Dave, thank you for offering your hospitality, please do come up to Monterey so I can reciprocate.

I'm still planning to go. I don't mind a little rain, but the current wave model is concerning. Hourly forecast shows the heaviest rain ending at about 8am right now.. and the wave heights build as the day goes on from there through Sunday.

If they don't close the beach with a bacteria altert, and the waves aren't slamming the steps like last weekend.. I'm in the water!

I'm out too. The conditions don't look very promising. My first hockey game (fall back plan) of the season is Saturday so it will still be a good day.

How about a make-up M&G in March, April or May?

pacificgal
I will probably still be diving. I was going to go over to Heisler to see if anyone is there if not my LDS is doing a dive a Shaw's which is near heisler if you want to join us your welcome, we will be having a BBQ afterwards at the LDS as well

I think it's best we reschedule this event. What say you all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom