SoCal invites NoCal in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Socal divers,

I just posted on the Socal forum that I'm comming down to Orange County this weekend. I wanted to sneak in two beach dives if possible.

I'd love to get a chance to dive in your waters and tell all the Norcal about my mini adventures.

I was thinking either Friday or Saturday but I heard that the rains are going to be messing up any diving this weekend.

Also hearing that the ash from the fires is still messing with diving.

The forecast is going to say a lot....

MG

Shore diving after the rains is not a good idea. It so happens I'm up in Folsom for a few days so I don't have to worry about it right now.

Maybe this weekend the diving will be OK, but again, it depends on when the rain stops.

I've been on the GE before and had a great time. Capt Tim and crew couldn't be better. We went out to Farnsworth and it was awesome. Less fish though that I'm used to up north where I dive. I was a little confused about the lack of sign ups. Whatever, I'm over it.

What I was refering to about you guys coming up north is the REAL north not just Monterey. Monterey is the northern part of central California AFAIC. I think of the north as the wild North Coast, Sonoma County and up. This is where the real adventure starts. You guys down there don't know what you're missing. I posted an invitation about a big north coast party meet and greet we're putting on and it was ignored. I didn't know if nobody cared or if they were scared. The North Coast does have a stigma you know, 8 deaths this year, and lot's of GW's. We love it though.

Shore diving after the rains is not a good idea. It so happens I'm up in Folsom for a few days so I don't have to worry about it right now.

Maybe this weekend the diving will be OK, but again, it depends on when the rain stops.

Thanks,

I'll take your advice and pass, I'd hate to lug all my equipment down to Socal for nothing...

Maybe next time...

MG

Folsom, eh Dave? Are you up here for Thanksgiving? Happen to bring your gear? :wink:

Folsom, eh Dave? Are you up here for Thanksgiving? Happen to bring your gear? :wink:
He isn't going to talk to you Bucky baby....he is smart!

So Dave did you bring your gear??

Just ignore that Zen_Man dude he is a real nut case:D

Yep, I'm here but sans dive gear. Just a family trip, but I did eye Lake Natoma!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom