SoCal invites NoCal in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for thinking of us Dave!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it down that weekend because I'll be in the Channel Islands on the Vision the first weekend in Jan and my bank account isn't allowing me 2 trips to SoCal in one month right now. :shakehead:

I hope you all have a great time and I'll be looking for a report and some pics when you get back. :D

Bummer, maybe others are interested?

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I think this is too close to general holiday travel for work. I'm out quite a bit in the next month and a half, and I don't want them to start thinking that they need to replace my job :)

Keep us informed on other outings, though. I for one would really like to get down there for a meet and greet or something of that nature.

-Ben

Hey Dave, I hear there are still a few more spots on the boat for the New Year's Vision trip. :wink:

Call Pinnacles if you're interested. 415-897-9962

The Great Escape eh? Hmmm, I don't know.

The last time I was down there I was scheduled to get on the GE for an open boat all night bug hunt at Catalina. I was driving down the 5 and got a phone call from an older lady, whom I assumed was Tim's mother or such? She told me that the trip was cancelled.
OK, so I asked her about the next day which would have been a Saturday and she said that trip was also cancelled because they only had 2 people sign up for the open boat. Instead she wanted to move me to Sunday with a SC trip and I said no thanks.

We did shore dives instead and I met up with a friend that keeps his boat at San Pedro and we had some great dives despite no GE trip.

I still am a little chafed about it though mostly because I was really looking forward to Catalina and because I didn't bring enough tanks to cover the shore diving.

Hey, how come we always have to go down to Socal. How come you guys never come up here and check out our diving?

Eric, They did come up for a weekend in early September this year in Monterey. Dave, Ann Marie, and a bunch of other SoCal people showed up and it was fun diving with them. We were actually talking about a meet & greet in SoCal next year, I forget where the thread is. But it was a good weekend in Monterey and I'm sure our SoCal friends will be back for another visit.

The Great Escape eh? Hmmm, I don't know.

The last time I was down there I was scheduled to get on the GE for an open boat all night bug hunt at Catalina. I was driving down the 5 and got a phone call from an older lady, whom I assumed was Tim's mother or such? She told me that the trip was cancelled.
OK, so I asked her about the next day which would have been a Saturday and she said that trip was also cancelled because they only had 2 people sign up for the open boat. Instead she wanted to move me to Sunday with a SC trip and I said no thanks.

We did shore dives instead and I met up with a friend that keeps his boat at San Pedro and we had some great dives despite no GE trip.

I still am a little chafed about it though mostly because I was really looking forward to Catalina and because I didn't bring enough tanks to cover the shore diving.

Hey, how come we always have to go down to Socal. How come you guys never come up here and check out our diving?

We just did! http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/251827-monterey-meet-greet-photos.html

I have been on the GE several times with no issue whatsoever. I'm sorry your trip was cancelled.

We are also planning another North South M&G Invade Catalina Ideas (2009)

Rats!

I'd LOVE to join you guys on Catalina, but I'll be heading off to Little Cayman later in January and won't be able to swing the time away from work and family. (No sympathy. I know.)

Back
Top Bottom