Socal Camp 'n' Dive (Bugs!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jondavies

Registered
Reaction score
We're having another camp-and-dive Oct. 13-15 in Malibu. Many people from the Nor Cal board came down last year and had a great time (even though dive conditions weren't exactly stellar :shakehead )

This year, we're hoping for much better conditions and lobster season will be in full swing by then. There will be lots of great food and beverages for all -- bring something to contribute to the festivities.

The campsite will be at Leo Carrillo State Beach (www.reserveamerica.com). These state campgrounds usually fill up fast, so I'd recommend making reservations soon if you're planning to come.

Let me know if you have any questions (jondavies at earthlink dot net)

Hope to see you there!

jondavies:
We're having another camp-and-dive Oct. 13-15 in Malibu. Many people from the Nor Cal board came down last year and had a great time (even though dive conditions weren't exactly stellar :shakehead )

This year, we're hoping for much better conditions and lobster season will be in full swing by then. There will be lots of great food and beverages for all -- bring something to contribute to the festivities.

The campsite will be at Leo Carrillo State Beach (www.reserveamerica.com). These state campgrounds usually fill up fast, so I'd recommend making reservations soon if you're planning to come.

Hope to see you there!

Do you all know that Leo Carrillo State Beach has some "group sites" these camp sites can be reserved and then 25 people can come and use the same camp site. They are typically used by groups like YMCA or Boy Scouts but at least one So Cal dive club has used them too. Not only does this make it easy because people can come down at the last minute without need to make a reservation.

Don't ask me for details. you have to call Leo Carrillo.

jondavies:

Hope to see you there!
hey jon!!! long time no see, is it okay for trouble makers like me to come again!!!! if you will have me again i AM THERE!!!!!!!:D

ZKY:
I'm going.
I've got a site booked already.

ZKY
im going also, eric can we cause trouble?? lol, we had a BLAST at the last one and at the noth coast camp out as well, this should be another memorible trip!!!!

jim ernst:
is it okay for trouble makers like me to come again!!!!

Jim, troublemakers are most welcome! Let's see if we can get kicked out ... or at least threatened, like last time :wink:

Glad to hear you Nor Cal guys are coming. It's going to be a blast!

I checked into the group campsites and weekends were all booked well in advance. Also, they are not cheap (something like $500+ for a weekend, at one state campsite I checked). That's not too bad when you divide the cost but I have no idea how many people will show...

As it stands, we're getting "non-specific" sites. I'll try to get there early and have them group all sites together. If that doesn't work out, we'll just designate one location as a "party site" for cooking/eating/drinking etc. and put the tents wherever.

Also, each site can hold 8 people and not all will be full so I'm sure there will be room for people who want to come but don't have a reservation. Let me know if you're coming and I'll make sure everyone has room.

jondavies:
Jim, troublemakers are most welcome! Let's see if we can get kicked out ... or at least threatened, like last time :wink:

Glad to hear you Nor Cal guys are coming. It's going to be a blast!

I checked into the group campsites and weekends were all booked well in advance. Also, they are not cheap (something like $500+ for a weekend, at one state campsite I checked). That's not too bad when you divide the cost but I have no idea how many people will show...

As it stands, we're getting "non-specific" sites. I'll try to get there early and have them group all sites together. If that doesn't work out, we'll just designate one location as a "party site" for cooking/eating/drinking etc. and put the tents wherever.

Also, each site can hold 8 people and not all will be full so I'm sure there will be room for people who want to come but don't have a reservation. Let me know if you're coming and I'll make sure everyone has room.
jon, i booked a reservation and have a friend that will also be coming, i also have talked to ishie in to coming ,if all goes well, i and brian and i am sure ishie will be there and are very much looking forward to it, i will TRY to not get us kicked out of our camp this time ,ROFLMAO, look forward to seeing you!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom