Soaked XT1 1st Stage without a LP port installed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toris1968

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Help!!! So during my Dry Suit Class last weekend I had an alternate air free flow issue and disconnected it from the DR XT1 to use a back up from my instructor. Once the dive was completed I removed her reg and completely forgot about there being a port exposed and soaked it in fresh water when i got home. it was in there for about 5-10 minutes before i remembered the problem and quickly hooked it up to a tank, removed the SPG and vigourously ran air through it and the regs to get all the water out...my question is, is there anything else that i need to do or watch out for before getting back into the water? Thanks

remove the rest of the port plugs and open the tank valve. air should go through the two HP ports first if there was anything in there. Then plug the HP ports and open the tank valve again. Should blow everything out. May want to also remove the SPG from it's hose, and the second stages from there and blow the hoses out, but shouldn't be an issue

Follow tbone's suggestion and then the only remaining problem I see is you need to soak that re a lot longer if that was a SW dive, with all ports sealed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom