So who did it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring,

The board is way too big for us to know everyone. Face it, what you said does not look like good natured teasing of your friends. I know that's exactly what it was, but most people would think otherwise. It was an honest mistake on Pete's part to accept your post at face value. It's a risk we assume when we say one thing and mean another.

Has anyone been on a moderated mailing list? Where everything that goes through the list needs to be okayed my a moderator? Some times stuff goes through instantly, some takes a few hours for the moderators to get to it.

We don't have that policy on most of the forums here. However We reserve the right to pull anything for discussion.

If you post something, and it vanishes; don't freak out 6 minutes later. If I see something that's potentially volatile, I'm going to pull it first, and put it back if we decide it's safe. All war related threads are volitile. You've seen even the most innocent of threads get completely out of hand a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not going to bother sending a PM about something being reviewed. You'll get a PM if we decide that it's going to be pulled permanently.

I'm not even sure how many times I've said this in the past; but I guess we need to review. If something vanishes that you post, PM admin or a moderator; Don't take it to the public forums because 1) the general members can't answer your question. and 2) We'll be a little more receptive to speeding along the process if we don't have to spend time closing the can of worms opened in public.

With all respect, IMHO, we've seen enough of O-ring's sense of humor to know when he's joking. Even I recognized this as a mild jab. And I'm a lawyer with no sense of humor and a bad attitude.

Neutral corners, people. We've got one of own back. Let's acknowledge the wonderful news and hope that the rest of the POW's fare as well.

WW...I pulled your post. As has already been explained to you...again...all political posts are to be removed and PM's are not required to be sent. If you had only announced the return of the POW and left your political comments out of it, there would have been no reason to remove it.

Your comment about removing it if we wish shows me you knew you were over the line and because of it I felt no obligation to send you a PM.

You know the rules, yet you continually break them and then complain...usually faster than we can send out an explanation. You've been asked repeatedly to PM a moderator if you think one of your posts has been pulled unfairly. But do you do that? No, you take it to the public members, who can't answer your question. The only thing you accomplish is to get a few others on your 'big bad moderator/poor WW' bandwagon. I keep expecting better from you, why I do not know.

You, of all members, should know how hard we try to be fair to everyone. Personally I'm tired of your whining. If you don't like the way things are, take your toys and play elsewhere.

Dee once bubbled...
You, of all members, should know how hard we try to be fair to everyone. Personally I'm tired of your whining. If you don't like the way things are, take your toys and play elsewhere.

Dee

WW

Dee once bubbled...
WW...I pulled your post. As has already been explained to you...again...all political posts are to be removed and PM's are not required to be sent. If you had only announced the return of the POW and left your political comments out of it, there would have been no reason to remove it.

Your comment about removing it if we wish shows me you knew you were over the line and because of it I felt no obligation to send you a PM.

You know the rules, yet you continually break them and then complain...usually faster than we can send out an explanation. You've been asked repeatedly to PM a moderator if you think one of your posts has been pulled unfairly. But do you do that? No, you take it to the public members, who can't answer your question. The only thing you accomplish is to get a few others on your 'big bad moderator/poor WW' bandwagon. I keep expecting better from you, why I do not know.

Okay, I don't even know what the post said and I sure don't want to get in the middle of this, but since it was posted to a public forum I suppose that's what this thread is all about.

So, I'm new here, but it sure sounds like the rules are clear and the post in question violated them so why give the regulators flack for doing their job? Dee, I for one appreciate your position and directness.

scuberd I'd say you're being unfair to Dee, the score is not near that close.

~<//><

I got slammed by WW for posting something controversial a while back , which got pulled. It was political satire, which in light of the situation got pulled, but some people saw it before it did.

MOST saw the funny side , except one person.

Who is the one who now complains when it happens to him.

WW I dont want to fall out , as I enjoy most of what I read of yours on here.

I just think it's rich to slam someone and then ***** when it happens to you when you post something controversial.

The mods do a good job, if you post controversially then you must accept the risk !

Hoppy ( A Brit ! )

PS Glad to see you got one of the POW's back :)

Hoppy once bubbled...
I got slammed by WW for posting something controversial a while back , which got pulled. It was political satire, which in light of the situation got pulled, but some people saw it before it did.

MOST saw the funny side , except one person.

Who is the one who now complains when it happens to him.

WW I dont want to fall out , as I enjoy most of what I read of yours on here.

I just think it's rich to slam someone and then ***** when it happens to you when you post something controversial.

The mods do a good job, if you post controversially then you must accept the risk !

Hoppy ( A Brit ! )

PS Glad to see you got one of the POW's back :)

light blue touch paper and retreat to a safe distance to watch the wonderful dispay :wink:

Let's see....

He asks why no PM was sent to him. I myself didn't know that "war-related" post removals didn't require pm's.... I believe you when you say that was stated.... I must have missed it.

He asked which mod didn't send him a PM...

He DID NOT ask which xzzxing mod didn't send a xdnling PM, yet several mods had to take a what seemed to be a valid question and get all pissy.

If you don't like WW... that's fine... I'm sure he doesn't care. But you moderators should be above our lowly level and respond to him in a PM. It would have been different if he came in here ranting about the f-ing mods, but he didn't... he just asked a simple question.

Moderate your own personal attacks in a thread that didn't deserve them.

Jealous??... Now that is the funniest thing I've read on here all week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom