So, What's your plan for this season ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope to get some 20-25 dives. Not sure should I get some extra training/courses or just dive and gather knowledge/experience. In my point of view "knowledge" <> "being certified".

Ok, let's see:

- managed to put in 31 dives since January, two more planned this Sunday

- just finished AI theory, working hard on demos and oral teaching skills

- AI exam

- IDC

- IE on June 14th-15th

- possibly Thailand June 21rst-July 4th (Koh Samui), provided we find a plane to get back

- if all goes well and underwater photography course in above-mentioned Thailand

- diving in local quarries and the Dutch Zealand region during summer

- why not, have a try at real teaching at my local dive club

I started with two dives in Cozumel last month, but tomorrow I leave for four days diving West End Bahamas on a liveaboard. Then there will be some local dives hopefully at the lake before
Wreckmania II. July 4th West Palm Beach, and Destin. More local diving and back to West Palm Beach Labor Day.

Lots:
Finish off a couple of dive courses that I started last year, but got side tracked due to a minor injury.

DM for friends.

Dive with new and old friends.

One Carribean trip, one Michigan and one Kingston trip already booked

My plans start this Saturday with a trip to Roatan. I hope to get a wreck diver certification there. Then I wait for the ice to leave our local lakes. Then it's the rescue diver course and hopefully a dry suit course. Ultimate goal for the seaon is to log my 200th dive.

- spent two weeks in January on Grand Cayman, about 15 dives.

- spent two weeks in March in Belize, about 15 dives.

- leaving on 4/1 for Utila for two months for DM/nitrox/equipment certs.

- decide whether or not to stay in Utila longer to DM and get my instructor cert.

- sell my worldly possessions (except the scuba gear) and move south. :)

I plan on taking a cavern and intro course in a month or two and atleast 6 trips to florida. Plus many weekends of local dives. 78 degrees here today and a local water temp of 60, can't wait for the weekend to get here..

So far the season is shaping up nicely...

March 22 - Tower/reef and subway cars off VA Beach
April 12-13 - Scubaboard Gathering at Dutch Springs, PA
April 19-20 - Hatteras, NC - Proteus & Tarpon
April 25-26 - Hatteras, NC - Manuela & Dixie Arrow
May 9-11 - VA Beach - Mexicana (overnighter)
June 6-8 - VA Beach - Marine Electric (overnighter)
June 19-22 - VA Beach - Billy Mitchell Fleet & Ethel C & Merida (overnighter)
July 1-6 - GUE Cave 1 in High Springs, FL

Nothing planned after that yet, but I would like to do the San Delfino and the Ethel C again in July-August and maybe out to the U-352 as well.. I might try the Caribbean one more time late in the season as well...perhaps Coz..

- To catch lots of delicious clawed dinner.
- do 100 dives or more
- take a rescue course
- get on as many North Atlantic wrecks as possible. My goal is the U-853 by the end of the summer.

Trips planned so far:

April 12-13, SCUBABoard does Dutch Springs
July, Trip to Myrtle Beach, SC and two days of diving

1) Finally take that AOW class that I've been wanting to take for a few years now.

2) Double the number of dives I made last season.

3) Expand my buddy base.

4) Fine-tune buoyancy skills.

5) Find some more "junk" at the bottom of my favorite lake.

Back
Top Bottom