so.. whats the deal with the swamp divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Chymos!

The Northern Swampers will have to tell you about the local spots around there. You can probably get to Lake Travis pretty easily.

I moved out of Aggieland last August, and as far as I know there is absolutly nothing there to dive in.

You closest choice is Blue Lagoon in huntsville, but you know what that is like...

You could try Lake Travis in Austin -- Windy point. It N Austin, so a good 2 1/2-3 hours from CS. I assume the LDS you refer to is Paradise? (did another shop open??) They should be able to tell you how to get there, and may even let you tag along for an advanced open class out there. The problem with that is that they teach AOW en masse to the Blinn students. They have agreement with blinn to teach the OW class for credit, and convince many of them to take the AOW class as well. 30+ people in one "class" doing dives in just about any lake gets crazy fast....

My best reccomendation is to drive down this way to Houston and dive out at Twin Lakes. It takes me roughly an hour to drive from my apartment (west houston) to CS, and about 45 minutes from here to twin lakes. I'm kind of out of the normal route though, so I'd guess you could make the drive in an hour and a half to 2 hours.... TL is nice facility, plenty to see. I can provide you with specific directions if you want them.

WHOOP! Class of '02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom