So what size shoes do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Just ordered a Santi E.lite from DRIS. Since I have size 11 EEE Duckfeet they recommend I purchase the neoprene sock over the boot. I have used the sock option on my whites back before I sold it but it wasn't neoprene and I'm not sure what size shoe I had back then either.

I'm trying to figure out what size Converse all star shoe I should pick up. I can order 2 for try before you buy. I wear an 11 now? Ideas

The Brannock puts me at 10.8 EEE So I typically order an 11 wide in most shoes and boots. Converse sells a wide which is wonderful but now add in the my wool socks, 4th element exotherm socks, and then the Neoprene sock from the suit I'm kind of at a lost.

I think I'm just looking for a good starting point as it will require in the end me putting everything on and seeing what feels right.

Recommendations?

Hard to say.

I wear a 9.5 shoe size. I had to go up to an 11 in the aqualung rockboots which surprised me. If you can try 2 for free get an 12 and 13 put on your feet undergarments feet of the suit and try them out.

I was in precisely the same shoes as you (pun intended) a number of years ago--precisely.

I don't remember exactly how I determined the sock size. They fit very well, but that turned out to be a mistake. They were sheer Hell to get on and off, and that process eventually created stress on the seams that was wearing them out. When I sent the suit in for other repairs, DRIS suggested I replace them. I told them I wanted a larger size, and Halcyon eventually sent me 3 different socks to try out before they were installed. Those socks are much looser, and that turns out not to be a problem. It no longer requires an act of God to get in and out of those socks. So my first advice is not to look for the most perfect fit in the world.

I have roughly the same sized foot as you as well (I said precisely above). I wear size 12 Converse all-Stars. If you have a store near you that sells them, I suggest you go in with your suit after you get it to make sure.

A friend of mine started to wear Salomon water shoes with his drysuit, and he likes them a lot. I would have made the same move, except the store near me that sells them (REI) never seems to have a pair in stock in the size I need for me to try on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom