So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where I dove this weekend.
D740E772-DE11-4144-AFAE-85E24390EE89.jpeg

Nice scenery for the SI to

Yes, the quarry is part of a very pretty county park. There were all sorts of people out and about who came by. A few family members with a high
school junior girl came by to get photos of the girl in her prom dress since prom is cancelled. Buddy and I were getting out of the water with our doubles while they were taking pics at water’s edge and they were asking questions about diving. A guy in his 20s said he couldn’t dive as he was too scared to. I told him my usual answer that I was scared of the deep end of the pool. If I can do it, anyone can. :wink: Recommended a pool discover scuba to a mom and teenage daughter who were very interested in diving.

That was a different experience for me and one I really enjoyed. My local quarry is private and so the only people there are divers (or parents of minor aged students). Otherwise, when I’m at the marina loading gear for the Lake Michigan dove boat or walking to the boat, we’ll get asked questions from boaters, but that’s it.

That looks cold.....

46-48F, so a bit under 10C, which I know is 50F. We all primarily wear drysuits. Most have dry gloves. Only a few diving wet and they weren’t under very long. I did 2 dives yesterday. 45 and 60 min. Same on Friday.

I've been in the workshop and built this above ground planter for my sister. I figured out how to do a blind mortise and tenon.

I've also been clearing the grounds of fallen trees. Some huge oaks fell and are now behind the workshop. I want to get someone with a portable mill here.

@The Chairman that's nice carpentry work, great job! I am sure that your Sister appreciates it a lot.

We retired in early March just before everything shut down so it has been a very quiet retirement! We were planning to travel, explore, dive, spend time with friends and family, etc., but that's not going to happen for awhile.

When the weather is nice I have been outside working to clean up the yard. I'm not much of a gardener but we have a big yard and it does require some attention.

But the weather has been cold and rainy lately so I've also done a few chores inside the house like cleaning out the frig and freezer and some kitchen cabinets. Not exciting but good to get it done and there's still plenty more to do. We've lived in this house for 40 years and the stuff does tend to accumulate. My husband cleaned out the garage and now he is working on the basement and that's a big job. Unfortunately there is no place to donate unwanted stuff right now because places like Goodwill, Amvets, and the Salvation Army are closed for the quarantine.

Cleaning and organizing is not much fun so I have also been working on my hobby. I have a rather unusual hobby because I like to find, authenticate, and restore vintage purses and distressed, modern designer bags. I have a pile of bags that need attention and now I have plenty of time to work on them.

Here are some pics of the bag I've just finished rehabbing. It is a fringed suede Coach bag and it was filthy and missing parts when I bought in online for only $35 shipped.

Also below is a photo of actress Drew Barrymore wearing this style bag when it was first released for $595 in Fall 2017. Sooner or later I am going to have to sell some of my refurbished bags - I have too many of them and no place to wear them these days!

SuedeFringeDinky_86821_After_003.jpg

DrewBarrymore_SuedeFringeDinky_86821_Fall2017.jpg

Drew Barrymore is the hottest woman alive.

Back
Top Bottom