So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just found out my Sanilac, MI charters for Memorial Day weekend have been cancelled. I expected that. I’ll have the credit on my account with the charter op (same on that runs my local boat) within a day or two. Just cancelled hotel and I wasn’t out a dime. Small mom and pop motel that doesn’t require a deposit if you had stayed with them the year before. And any deposit is a check. Very old school.

Just found out my Sanilac, MI charters for Memorial Day weekend have been cancelled. I expected that. I’ll have the credit on my account with the charter op (same on that runs my local boat) within a day or two. Just cancelled hotel and I wasn’t out a dime. Small mom and pop motel that doesn’t require a deposit if you had stayed with them the year before. And any deposit is a check. Very old school.

Nice that you're not out anything. Those little mom and pop motels are great (when it's really a mom and pop and they take some pride in it). There's one like that, that I like, up in Alexandria Bay, NY, for diving in the Saint Lawrence. Bummer that the charters were canceled.

May was going to be my biggest month this year for diving. 3 days out of Morehead City, NC, starting tomorrow. 2 days out of Myrtle Beach for a tech charter in 2 weeks. And then a full week (8 days, actually) back out of Morehead City, with a day of Meg Tooth diving out of Wilmington, the last week of the month.

This weekend is already canceled and the rest being canceled is looking pretty darn likely.

I won't be out any money, but it's a serious bummer! I've been to Lake Phoenix 5 times already this year and going again this weekend. It's nice, but there is only so much to see. Thank goodness for the delivery of my BlackTip scooter! That has made the lake much more fun. I went to Utila for a week in February and that was great, but that was 2 months ago. I need some salt water! Warm, salt water!!

You definitely didn‘t blink there!

Coconut oil. It keeps a good film of lube on my blinkers at all times. Less blinking required.

You may laugh, but bulb grease for signal lights is a real thing. I know, because my wife acquired a small tube at the local auto parts store.

Nice that you're not out anything. Those little mom and pop motels are great (when it's really a mom and pop and they take some pride in it). There's one like that, that I like, up in Alexandria Bay, NY, for diving in the Saint Lawrence. Bummer that the charters were canceled.

May was going to be my biggest month this year for diving. 3 days out of Morehead City, NC, starting tomorrow. 2 days out of Myrtle Beach for a tech charter in 2 weeks. And then a full week (8 days, actually) back out of Morehead City, with a day of Meg Tooth diving out of Wilmington, the last week of the month.

This weekend is already canceled and the rest being canceled is looking pretty darn likely.

I won't be out any money, but it's a serious bummer! I've been to Lake Phoenix 5 times already this year and going again this weekend. It's nice, but there is only so much to see. Thank goodness for the delivery of my BlackTip scooter! That has made the lake much more fun. I went to Utila for a week in February and that was great, but that was 2 months ago. I need some salt water! Warm, salt water!!

I’m diving at an OH quarry this weekend. Bottom temp around 40. Last dive was March 11 or so. Can’t wait to get back in cold, fresh water.

15884509404078126137228315295205.jpg

Back
Top Bottom