So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Mistral double hose regulator on eBay. The plan was to refurbish it and try it out this summer. It will probably just get occasional use, but I have a few vintage pieces of gear an it live on display with them when I am not pretending to be Lloyd Bridges.

Unfortunately, the parts I order for the rebuild are no here yet. It’s pretty frustrating looking at a project I want to start when I have oodles of time and lack a couple small items there needed.

While waiting for the parts I ended up putting in a bid on a vintage tank and harness to go with the set. This doing nothing is slowly getting expensive.

A highlight from my ride this morning was this 2006 GMC Sierra pickup. The owner decided this Hermosa Beach office building needed a drive-through. He even became a TV star after his spectacular parking job.
20200503_065232_HDR.jpg

20200503_065250_HDR.jpg

And she has good taste in purses, too!
Indeed. I got my wife a coach purse a couple years ago. You really have to catch them on sale. About once a month they have a 50% off sale (on everything) and it generally only lasts for 2 or 3 days. When it's a $600 item, that sale is a big deal.

This morning was one of those unplanned rides. I took a minute or two deciding whether to turn left or right from the driveway. I finally chose left and headed north with no particular destination in mind.

I meandered through the streets of Redondo Beach before settling on Aviation. After passing LAX, I turned onto Sepulveda and continued north. Before I knew it, I was looking up at the Sepulveda Pass again. I thought about going over the hills again, this time remembering to turn on Topanga Canyon, but fortunately my brain kicked into gear and nixed that idea. My long ride through the San Fernando Valley last week was a bit too much.

I turned east on Sunset and pumped the pedals through the rolling hills of Bel Air and Beverly Hills before arriving in Hollywood. From there, I turned south on Van Ness and rode it all the way back to Torrance.

56 miles, no flat tires, and Merry was still in bed when I got home. :)

20200508_081548.jpg

20200508_081650_Burst01.jpg

20200508_081658.jpg

20200508_083920.jpg
20200508_084146_HDR.jpg

I am sitting by the mailbox waiting for my new Scubapro Hydros Pro to be delivered.

This one? For Sale - Scubapro Hydros Pro (Pending)

I don't understand. Both post made the same day. What am I missing? You have one for sale because, "I do not dive enough to justify having this amazing and crazy EXPENSIVE BCD just sitting in my closet collecting dust. It needs to go to someone that can and will use it."

I was able to get out on my bike twice this week. Weather too crappy otherwise.

Started keto Sunday. Lost a few lbs already.

Get to go diving next weekend. Yay! Skills weekend for my tech class.

Back
Top Bottom