So what do I want in a Coz dive trip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We tested several tanks, and will continue to do so - since the fill station does not. See details at that link. Thanks.

I should have pressed Jer to get a massage earlier but he tried the aspirin and siesta approach first. I woke him to check on him and he was ready for the massage! He thinks he pulled a muscle yesterday, then the bumpy ride today set that off. He's younger than I, but old still - always a factor.

I called Opal at SM who was very helpful in trying to locate someone good ASAP, but the hotel set him up with Rose - whom Opal also called during his session. I didn't realize that she was going to keep calling but then I am not surprised. Anyway, he's fit to dive again.

We had a nice dinner at Nemos here on the hotel grounds: nice garlic soup, delicious fish fillet, delightful chocolate ice cream, coffee, reasonably priced & no cab. Maybe we are about over our first day of travel.

Last edited:
Not anymore - as of a few months ago. First class is now two 50lb bags free of charge - that's it.

Flew on Delta this month. With the first class upgrade, they allowed for 3 bags 70 lbs each. I needed it on the way down as I was bringing 3 heavy bags with a fair amount of stuff for friends. On the way home I only had 2 bags one was 63 lbs the other only 24 with no extra charge.

Not anymore - as of a few months ago. First class is now two 50lb bags free of charge - that's it.

Flew on Delta this month. With the first class upgrade, they allowed for 3 bags 70 lbs each.
Yeah, different airlines = apples vs oranges. Christi and I are flying Continental (I think that's right for her) who allows 2 - 70# checked free on FC. Delta apparently allows 3 and from another friend's trip to Roatan, doesn't charge for second 50# bag even in Coach - altho that may not apply to Mexico. Always good to check the airlines luggage rules de jour, subject to change.

Otherwise, Miss Mexico is now Miss Universe. Viva la Mexico (remember silent x)...!

And my bud & I are reviewing camera preparations & controls over in-room coffee from our 200 peso 12 cup maker. :cool: His view is why read the book when I can show him. :mad: 20 minutes until we go for free breakfast, then board. :thumb:

Yeah, different airlines = apples vs oranges. Christi and I are flying Continental (I think that's right for her) who allows 2 - 70# checked free on FC. Delta apparently allows 3 and from another friend's trip to Roatan, doesn't charge for second 50# bag even in Coach - altho that may not apply to Mexico. Always good to check the airlines luggage rules de jour, subject to change.

Otherwise, Miss Mexico is now Miss Universe. Viva la Mexico (remember silent x)...!

And my bud & I are reviewing camera preparations & controls over in-room coffee from our 200 peso 12 cup maker. :cool: His view is why read the book when I can show him. :mad: 20 minutes until we go for free breakfast, then board. :thumb:

I flew back first class on Continental both in May and July this year and the baggage limit was 2 - 50# bags departing out of Houston. They either need to update their website - or the system for online check-in - because that's where it dinged me when I entered a bag over 50 lbs WITH a first class ticket.

I just checked my American reservation for October. I got this ticket from the last of my miles on AA. Since I booked in in January, looks like I get 2- 50 lb bags flying in coach. Not to bad.

I flew back first class on Continental both in May and July this year and the baggage limit was 2 - 50# bags departing out of Houston. They either need to update their website - or the system for online check-in - because that's where it dinged me when I entered a bag over 50 lbs WITH a first class ticket.
Doesn't their site say 2 - 70# checked for FC? That's what I got with them the 3 trips before I lost Elite.

We were diving on Baracuda today, north of San Miguel and outside of the park - hearing very loud motors passing over us. Intimidating to be sure. We stayed together and one diver sent up a sausage on his spool well in advance of our ascent - and we watched as boat speed right by it, close enough the reel holder turned lose just in case. :shocked2:

Fun dives otherwise. Got some video of Monkey hooking a lion with his hook-on-a-stick. SI at a nice looking hotel, then San Juan. Quite the ride, different reef, lots of fishes, inverts and BIG turtle.

Wet Windy's tonight...!

That nice looking hotel was most likely Playa Azul. First place I stayed at in Coz.
Haha you read minds even when I forget the name? Yeah that was it.

Leaving early for Tortugas tomorrow, weather permitting.

Continental Airlines - Checked Baggage They really need to update it if that's the case, and inform their employees at all airports. I mentioned this today to someone who recently flew out of EWR to CUN on CO, ticketed in first, and she said she checked her usual 3 bags, all under 50lbs but it was 3 bags and no charges.

Guess next time I make the trip I'll find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom