So The water.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first dive I did in it I thought there was a lot more current than usual, and chalked it up to additional drag. But when we got out of the water my buddy looks over at me and says "wow that was a bad current". Turns out it was a 1/2 kt current running at airport beach and we swam into it for the first 50 minutes ... I'm starting to get used to it also, so I'm not sure if I notice the drag or not at this point, though I can't imagine it not affecting me with all those "wrinkles" in the suit. makes you look like a huge prune when your suit is black... and to think I almost got a bright blue suit...I could have looked like a shrivelled up blueberry instead :wink:

sea nmf- that's kinda funny that you still vent in a wetsuit - but I can see where that would become such a reflex (like looking at your watch even when it's gone) - at least you'll still have the reflex if you ever decide to go back... or you could join onfloat and me in our "insanity" lol

Aloha, Tim

Ok, you guys are cracking me up with all this talk about diving in a dry suit in Hawaii :wink: I just personally couldn't imagine it! I wear mine here in BC in the summer time... because the water temps are still only mid to high fifties... but I absolutely roast out of the water. There's actually quite a risk of heat exhaustion, so please do be careful in them in the hot sun guys! We've had people start to overheat in them with only t-shirts and shorts underneath at the pool for dry suit orientations.
Anyway... my 3 wet suits are packed with my dive gear. I am SO looking forward to not having to dive dry. I don't like it. I just do it cause it's the only way to stay warm here.
So this is it... last sleep before I head to Maui tomorrow morning :) Aloha!

DiverDebbie:
Ok, you guys are cracking me up with all this talk about diving in a dry suit in Hawaii :wink: I just personally couldn't imagine it! I wear mine here in BC in the summer time... because the water temps are still only mid to high fifties... but I absolutely roast out of the water. There's actually quite a risk of heat exhaustion, so please do be careful in them in the hot sun guys! We've had people start to overheat in them with only t-shirts and shorts underneath at the pool for dry suit orientations.
Anyway... my 3 wet suits are packed with my dive gear. I am SO looking forward to not having to dive dry. I don't like it. I just do it cause it's the only way to stay warm here.
So this is it... last sleep before I head to Maui tomorrow morning :) Aloha!

If you are really dying to dive dry, drop me a line and you can borrow mine while you are here.

Hey fishb0y... I'll take that drysuit, our winter temps hit in the 50's (contrast to 90's in the summer!).

Mid to upper 70's eh... Lisa, I may talk to you about moving there one day :wink:

Have fun Debbie. I wanna hear all about your adventures.

I on the other hand can't go to Maui this week. I'm off to the Bahamas instead. Not my choice of course, it was forced upon me

You poor thing, being FORCED to go to the Bahamas.....what a hardship you have to bear in this life. :wink:

I guess that means I'm being forced to go to Belize next month instead of Maui.....but we'll be back to Maui in April next year, so my suffering won't last too long.

How long will you suffer Al?

Back
Top Bottom