So proud of you Christi....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I hope she doesn't get mad about me writing this, but sometimes this place is too informal. :D We type to each other and many times it feels so ambiguous and surreal. However, sometimes we are fortunate and eventually get to meet the person behind the avatar. Many of you know Christi personally and she is such an awesome person. For those that don't know her, she runs Blue XT Sea which is one of, if not, the best dive op on the island. Anyway, some of you know she has had some medical issues and has had an amazing recovery the past year. Throughout the whole ordeal, she kept her spirits high and has even continued to train for triathlete events. Make sure and wave if you see her on the island pedaling her tricked out Fuji road bike or swimming in the ocean for these grueling events.

She is a strong independent woman who has run a tremendous business in a tough market for over a decade. More importantly, she gives back to so many people on here even if they don't frequent her business. The next time you're on the island grab some drinks with her and you will see how awesome of a person she is. I just wanted to express my gratitude for your friendship and to wish you a speedy and full recovery. I can't wait to dive with you soon! :D -Ryan

WOW Ryan! You really know how to make a girl feel special!! Thank you - you actually made me cry! Yes, it has been a rough year but I am so grateful at how I have come through it. I had some amazing support from firnds and family and I truly would not have made it through without them - they know who they are :wink: I'm grateful for the good and the bad, we learn and grow through all of the struggles and the joy! I am living a life of peace and gratitude, but of course there is always more work to do and always room for improvement and I am always working towards being better in every way - my goal is always to be better than I was yesterday!!

I have my health back, I am "C" free GRATEFUL and I am more focused than ever on the business since I wasn't around as much through the health issues! You can join me for a swim, a bike ride, a run, a walk, a DIVE (imagine that) coffee, or dinner - when I'm not in the office!

It is an honor to call you a friend and I really look forward to your next visit - as soon as possible!

And I always look forward to meeting new and veteran SB members!

Last edited:
Tried to PM you Christi but your Inbox is full.

I just read this amazing post by Ryan about your tough year. I was hoping to meet you last January when I organized a SB get together at BA but you were unable to attend. We are back in 2 weeks for our last trip as tourists and our flight is booked for January 25th for our permanent move to Cozumel.

In your reply to Ryan you mentioned being "C" free. I am a breast cancer survivor celebrating 25 years "C" free in February 2014. Maybe we will finally get a chance to meet once we move.

Someone told me you were one of several OPs who have special rates for locals. If that is true then maybe we can meet doing a morning 2-tank once we get settled. We have always stayed and dived with SCC but their rates are too high once we are retired. Maybe once we live there we can try all the different OPs starting with yours.

Take care
Betty

Let's definitely get together when you are here Betty!!! Yes, I do have local boat filler rates :) Will be happy to have you with us!!! And congratulations - that is amazing news and another reinforcement that eases my mind a little! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom