So, my Conshelf valve adjustment knob got busted. Is it toast??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattf.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have searched high and low for the parts online. Any recommendations? Get a new Octopus?
Thanks!

DSC03418.JPGDSC03419.JPGDSC03424.JPG

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that I don't have the broken piece to glue back. It could have happened on the dive boat or transit, who knows?

No.
A 1/2" port plug fits perfectly but you won't be able to use the cover lock.
Don't feel bad, that plastic plug is a known weakness.....6 inch/lbs is a joke.
If you have another one, try and get the allen key all the way to the bottom next time.

Nah, use a 1/2 port plug. USD made some nice flat ones for the SEA series, you might be able to find some at a LDS....where are you in NC??

Thanks. That's good news. I tested it in the pool and it still worked fine, but I wasn't sure. My dive shop didn't mention that option it when I showed it to them, they seemed unsure...hmmm. I thought there was a knob there, not just a plug.

Thanks!
Herman, I'm in Winston, but I lived in Raleigh & Garner for several years while I was at NCSU.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better that I don't have to replace it. I was eyeing new octos!

As long as you have the insert part and the oring behind it is captured, it's fine, otherwise find a plug. The cover lock is no big deal, somewhat of a pita anyway as far as I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom