So, just who is George Irvine III?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of all UP, my first post was not meant to be rude or contemptuos, I am sorry you or anyone else may have taken it that way, actually I meant it to have a comical flare to it although I was serious in that I would really like to know these things about the man. I will also definitely ask his permission before I post his response here on this board, and if he asks me not to, I will not. I have also come to the conclusion that it is impossible to even ask a question about this particular individual without raising everyone's hackles, I don't understand that, honestly!
Again, my initial post was in no way meant to sound rude, sarcastic or contemptuos, although after reading it again I can see how some may have thought that, my apologies.:)

UP, no I did not cut and paste my post and send it, I sent a personal and sincere E-mail to the address you gave me just like I would to anyone I had never corresponded with much less met.
And once again my first post was meant to be somewhat comical in nature, as I stated in my last post if you will read it again, I did not mean for it to be rude, sarcastic or contemptuos. Give me a little credit if you would UP, not all us ole' boyz are stewpid down here.................... It's just the heat:D

I received my response this morning to the E-mail I sent to GI3, and it was %100 totally not what I expected, he was very helpful, answered my questions and was not arrogant in the least. I asked a few questions about DIR that always start flame wars on this and other boards and I was shocked when he simply told me the way he does it and why in ways that made perfect sense to me. I believe the man would be willing to discuss just about anything as far as eqiupment and configs go if approached in a non confrontational way, however like the rest of us I'm sure, he seems very passionate about his beliefs and if outright challanged he will defend them to the death. I am not a DIR convert yet and may never be, but I do not see GI3 as an enemy, I believe he, as well as others, is one we can all learn something from, this is my opinion of course.

Many people, likely pretty much everyone who has actually approached George, has found him to be like you describe. He's that way in person too.

Tom

JT2 once bubbled...
I received my response this morning to the E-mail I sent to GI3, and it was %100 totally not what I expected, he was very helpful, answered my questions and was not arrogant in the least.
... I love a happy beginning! :D

in contact with GI once and he was most helpful and willing to share his thoughts and knowledge :)

:notworthy

JT2 - so who is he then? Where did he get his training? Who turned him into a dive god?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom