So I've got a friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I answered his introduction in that thread. Others are talking to him there. He seems very arrogant and there is no room for an ego in the sea or lakes. The water does not care about his confidence. He does not realize that his over-confidence is a trap. I hope he listens to all of the advice he has gotten.

when i trained, nearly 20 years ago, my instructor who had 1000 dives under her belt at that time was chatting to me in the pub & she told me that she always had a moment of aprehension before she went into the water and the day that went away was the day she would give up diving.

when i trained, nearly 20 years ago, my instructor who had 1000 dives under her belt at that time was chatting to me in the pub & she told me that she always had a moment of aprehension before she went into the water and the day that went away was the day she would give up diving.

She was a smart woman. Nice that Bob noticed we were too!

Do you remember a few years ago, there was a woman, probably one of the best and most accomplished instructors in the world, who died in the Blue Hole in Dahab, Egypt? She and her buddy went in, she took off down, head first, like a bullet. Obviously, she was going for a hard narc. The problem was that she never stopped. He stopped chasing her at about 85 meters, (further than he should have gone), and had to surface for help. They never did find her body. Arrogance, even in an amazing diver, can kill you.
This guy is probably gonna end up being an Easter Egg hunt one day. It is a shame. He has at least one friend who is desperately worried about him. I would be glad to answer any and all questions for why and why not, that he can come up with.
I hope that he takes any of the people here who offered help up on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom