So I've got a friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I answered his introduction in that thread. Others are talking to him there. He seems very arrogant and there is no room for an ego in the sea or lakes. The water does not care about his confidence. He does not realize that his over-confidence is a trap. I hope he listens to all of the advice he has gotten.

Actually.....all this talk of danger, risk etc etc.... it probably just encourages him. He must find it all very exciting. A real pioneer. A daredevil. lol That's why he makes such a big issue about it here on the forum.

In truth... he probably won't die. He's nothing special. He'll think he's some sort of James Bond and enjoy splashing around in the mud by himself. He won't develop any good skills and will be one of those pathetic people that you occasionally meet on a dive boat as an insta-buddy. He'll know it all.... and then prove to be the gas gobbling, silt monkey that ruins your dive.

Actually.....all this talk of danger, risk etc etc.... it probably just encourages him. He must find it all very exciting. A real pioneer. A daredevil. lol That's why he makes such a big issue about it here on the forum.

In truth... he probably won't die. He's nothing special. He'll think he's some sort of James Bond and enjoy splashing around in the mud by himself. He won't develop any good skills and will be one of those pathetic people that you occasionally meet on a dive boat as an insta-buddy. He'll know it all.... and then prove to be the gas gobbling, silt monkey that ruins your dive.

Either that, or he'll be some guy that endangers some of the best divers in the country, as they have to search for his body in a cave system he broke into......... He's that guy.
I think you may have it right on the money.

Either that, or he'll be some guy that endangers some of the best divers in the country, as they have to search for his body in a cave system he broke into......... He's that guy.
I think you may have it right on the money.

He could always take one of Thal's scientific diving classes. :)

You know all you men could get a room and discuss this right? At least don't pretend like your saying something I'm not going to read.

You know all you men could get a room and discuss this right? At least don't pretend like your saying something I'm not going to read.

Um ... Sylpha, Seahorsey, and ZD3D are not men ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

After a couple of events diving on charters out of south Florida with divers that have the same mind set and skill levels as yourself. My wife convinced me to take a Rescue diver course. She figured that I would jump in there to help anyhow, so I might as well have some additional training if the situation came up again, as I am sure that it will.

I greatly appreciate it. It was a good class.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom