so i'm buying a drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well after talking to matt @ dans i think i'm going to go with a custom dui suit. all told its just a few hundred more, and has boots that will fit me (i wear a 14-15 depending on cut) i'm going to go get fitted today, and see how it looks from there.

Joe,

White's makes wonderful suits. My first drysuit was a custom White's and I only had one leak in 8 or 9 years. Definitely can't say that of my DUI diving buddies. The one leak turned out to be a manufacturing flaw with the zipper and White's fixed it lickety-split as soon as I told them about it. Ditto with the custom White's undies. No complaints. & the staff at White's was very helpful when I called them.

I did go with a custom Diving Concepts this last time around. I wanted 'stretchy' trilaminate to give me more of a wetsuit like fit / feel and that's what my LDS carried. I really like it and love that they had fuschia! to go with more of my non-diving apparel.

Do shop around. But, know that White's sells a wonderful suit and the company stands behind their product.

Paula

diver_paula:
Joe,

White's makes wonderful suits. My first drysuit was a custom White's and I only had one leak in 8 or 9 years. Definitely can't say that of my DUI diving buddies. The one leak turned out to be a manufacturing flaw with the zipper and White's fixed it lickety-split as soon as I told them about it. Ditto with the custom White's undies. No complaints. & the staff at White's was very helpful when I called them.

I did go with a custom Diving Concepts this last time around. I wanted 'stretchy' trilaminate to give me more of a wetsuit like fit / feel and that's what my LDS carried. I really like it and love that they had fuschia! to go with more of my non-diving apparel.

Do shop around. But, know that White's sells a wonderful suit and the company stands behind their product.

Paula

Hey Paula
thanks for the feedback.
its quite the endevor to select one of these things...i actually like features from several different vendors...my plan is to break a new one in at the meet, so i know i don thave too long to wait before i make the final decision. my job makes me a govt employee so im going to see if i can swing govt pricing :crafty:

/john

It might save you some money to look at USIA.com. They make Great suits, here in the US. :usa_2:
I've put mine through quite a bit, & it still functions well. With DUI, your just paying for a name. Also, do a search for people having problems with DUI suits.
You should find a few results here on scubaboard.
A drysuit is a major investment, rent a few & try them out, before you decide to buy.
Some manufacturers also include things free like: suspenders, pockets, etc...
Also, check the contract your signing when your purchasing your drysuit; make sure the delivery dates & refund terms are clearly stated.
Good Luck with your purchase.

ok, suit ordered...should be here in time for the meet and greet. got a hell of a deal...
now all i have to do is hope my tanks are here by then :)

What kinda undies did you get, joe?

its coming with the heavy weight DUI's but my deal was good enough that if i need to i can order a lighter/heavier pair later on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom