So I'm an idiot, and now I need a new GPS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:dork2: yeah that's me.

Took the wife out on our boat today (her first time on the boat... just got it a month ago). Back at the ramp, we pull the boat out and start unloading it. She handed me the GPS unit, I put it in it's bag, and set it on the starboard gunwale, then proceed to help her down off the boat. And I forgot about the GPS.

8 miles down the road I remember that I left it sitting up there, so we turn around to search for the GPS at the ramp parking lot. I'm in a panic. Well, wife spots it sitting on the side of the road!! :) I was excited and thought maybe I'd been saved, but when she picked it up off the pavement, I discovered it had been run over. :shakehead: Did I mention that both my primary, and my backup GPS were in the bag!!?? Needless to say, neither device made it. Screen busted, antenna broken off... it's ugly.

It was a Garmin GPSmap 276c, and I had just bought the SW Florida DataCard, for $150. Fortunately, the DataCard is not damaged.

So, I'm looking for a new GPS for the boat, and I'm hoping to get some suggetions. Here are my requirements:

• Must be a Garmin
  • Must take the Garmin DataCard (not the SD card) so I can use the one I have
  • Plan to spend $300-450. I'm open to a refurbed or even slightly used model, if it works well.
Any ideas for this clutz?
I have a GPSMAP 180 and a GPS162 sitting in a drawer from my boat, the 180 takes the garmin map card. I had too many people looking to pay nothing for the boat, so I took the electronics. I would let either of them go for $100, I have not used them in about 5 years, and would rather they get used then sit and decay. PM me if interested.

jim i changed my post a bit. i dont condone fraud. but more ment to just call his insurance company/s he might get a supprise with their answer

Back
Top Bottom