So how do you know when its time for a new wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Setting aside wear , vanity and loss of fit which are pretty tangible it comes down to loss of insulation.

There's nothing hard and fast here and even as a personal experience you can always wonder if the suit or your metabolism is changing. I certainly wouldn't condemn a suit based on a dive, you may have gone in with low thermal reserves.

When I have seen a dive count it has been between 209 - 300. In that window seasoned divers note that the suit has lost performance and that a new suit made a big difference. This will vary with a slew of things such as original suit quality, storage and how deep the suit has repeatedly gone.

Pete

When you put the old one on, and it falls back to the floor...... then its time for a new one

when your buddies make cracks about your 'sunday wet suit' because it's so holey...

i'm looking at *you*, jean... :D

according to my girlfriend, when the color goes out of style,

My Scubapro 3 mil seems a bit compressed and the joint areas remain wrinkled even now after not using it for months. I bought a Mares trilastic 3-5-3 which had an acceptable fit in the store but when it got wet the legs were 3-4" too long. It still fits fine around the shoulders, chest and waist, but I have to fold it between my knees and ankles.

Wish I could find out more about the quality of the neoprene each manufacturer uses so I could make an intelligent purchase for my next one.

Wish I could find out more about the quality of the neoprene each manufacturer uses so I could make an intelligent purchase for my next one.
here you go ...
http://www.wetwear.com/images/chamber-left.jpg

This is from the Wetware site .. they have very good info on types of wetsuit materials and why Rubatex is more costly, but superior ... Wetwear - Why we only use Rubatex

looks to be almost indestructible .. You can ask Pete (NetDoc) about his.
if I do get another 7mm wetsuit (drysuit now) it will be one of theirs

When the other divers on the dive boat start putting dollar bills in you mask at the end of the dives and saying, "God bless . . ." :shakehead:

:D

the K

Back
Top Bottom