So Close!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last weekend I finally got a vaccine appointment for tomorrow with the second dose scheduled for 4 weeks!

Add 2 more weeks for the immune system to ramp up...

Add 1 more week just to be safe...

Schedule a trip for mid-May! Hotels! Flights! Dives! Happy dancing in the kitchen with my wife!

Dr office just called and cancelled my vaccination!

AHH!!!!

Dr office just called and cancelled my vaccination!
There is a lot of scrambling for the jab. Look everywhere.

try being in canada ? i will be lucky if i have both shots by the end of september.

There is a lot of scrambling for the jab. Look everywhere.
My SOL got his first one by cruising HEB pharmacies near closing time when they had leftovers that would not keep overnight. I'm pretty sure once someplace has given you the first they are obligated to give you the second.

As of today's news update I can start the on line booking process Monday. I'll be on top of that all day if needed.

I can't comment on other states or even other counties in my home state of VA. We live in Virginia Beach. What I can say is we registered on our VA Beach Covid website within a day or 2 of it going active months ago. We got our call 2 weeks ago and got our first shots a week ago. The entire Virginia Beach Convention Center has been turned into one massive vaccinating machine. It was like working your way through a checkpoints at an airport to get vaccinated and was a constantly non-stop moving machine getting people vaccinated. VA Beach isn't screwing around with CVS and Walgreens and such that have a few pharmacists working at any given time struggling to fill prescriptions and then deliver Covid vaccinations on top of that primary work load. Heck, I waited far longer at our local pharmacy for a Flu shot than I did walking into the VA Beach Convention Center for a Covid shot. Every area is going to be different but the limiting factor here is the availability of the vaccines which this administration is promptly addressing. VA Beach could run 2-3x the number of people through it currently is if there were more vaccine supply. That is their limiting factor and the supply is ramping up big time everywhere.

I will also say that ANYONE who refuses vaccination is contributing to the problem and not the elimination of this virus. If you don't get vaccinated when it is available to you... Go F yourself and certainly don't even think about traveling back to Coz and spreading disease among a population that would love to have the vaccine you chose to refuse.

In north texas I was late signing up (after I actual got it in late January). Signed up mainly to also get my wife, who did not get it, on the list to be vaccinated. Because I was late getting on the list the wait was 5 weeks (with 2 weeks down for weather disaster). Lately the supply is ramping up. When I got mine (had to skip my slot due to surgery and was rescheduled for the following week) the supplies for the county allowed 12K a day for three days a week out at the Texas motor speedway. The supply is ramping up and they real have the system down here, given supply I think that one site going to a seven day schedule could easily do a 150K a week. There is no residency requirement (county state or national) to get on the county wait lists around here.
I wish the US would modify its policy based on what the UK is doing and delay the second dose for about 3 months (actual difference is being found to be about 10% effectivity for the second shot) and jab as many as possible as quickly as possible to achieve heard immunity faster.

My SOL got his first one by cruising HEB pharmacies near closing time when they had leftovers that would not keep overnight. I'm pretty sure once someplace has given you the first they are obligated to give you the second.
“SOL” ? Does this mean something other than sh** out of luck?

I talked to a family today from Mexico City that had flown into DFW to get vaccinated. Someone else had told me they had talked to Mexican's that had come for the vaccine as well. I didn't get into the details of how they were able to get here but they told me they drove to Gainsville to get it, 45 minutes north of Dallas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom