So-Cal Dive Boats?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runway1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody want to voice their favorite southern CA dive boat operation?

I dove the Lois Ann on the San Diego wrecks and that was very cool. I shore dive Laguna Beach, La Jolla and Catalina almost every weekend but rarely boats. Any inputs would be very appreciated! Thanks.

The Great Escape - roomy 80', 12 of the bunks are in 6 staterooms, not really much more than regular bunks with a thin wall but still better than a regular bunk. Good food, galley seats around 20, good crew. Always a rinse tank or two for cameras.

I'll second the Great Escape. Good boat, great food and crew.

I second the Great Escape, just did a full day while stuck in So Cal for the weekend. Lots of room, good crew, decent food. Seems to attact a nice group of divers. You can sleep over the night before to avoid an early morning drive if you want.

Yes, the Great Escape is great. I also like the Magician a lot. Great crew also, good food, nice help getting out of the water, always a good experience, like the Great Escape.

Yes, the Peace I've also heard of. A bit north for me but still a target aling with the Truth Aquatics outfit. I knew the Great Excape was a biggie. How about the Sundiver? Anybody dove that boat?
Sundiver - Home

If you head up to Ventura give The Raptor a try. www.RaptorDive.com

Out of Catalina Scuba Luv's boat, the King Neptune, is a nice operation. www.ScubaLuv.biz

Out of San Pedro I went out on an overnight trip on the Sand Dollar to Santa Barbara island. It's slow, and old, and can be a bit crowded, but what you get for your money is amazing. Great diving, great hot meals, snacks, drinks, a bunk, nitrox fills. www.Diving.net

I just spent 3 days on the Horizon out of San Diego. IMO, its the best boat in CA. Big, 80 ft. long, great crew. This was my second trip with them, both were awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom