SNSI Video for new Open Water Course for instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
In other words how to train a class at ratio with no kneeling and still have full class control. It's all about efficiency and getting the most from your water time, confined and open.

seems like a good approach to getting the most out of limited training time. In my daughters recent OW class they did something similar during OW dives, although not in the pool sessions. The OW site had platforms with rails, all the students held onto the rails rather than kneeling on the platform.

@cerich I have watched this video a few times and have been all over the website. Based on the video I have a few questions.

So each instructor (or dive center) needs to build the bars to use in the pool correct?

If they are required to build them, how does this work in the ocean when conditions do not play well such as in current or swells?

I like the idea behind teaching neutral buoyancy from the get go as I feel that is missing in the majority of scuba training. Having said that, I feel like taking this out on a boat and setting up and having to tear it down could be time consuming and play havoc on a course schedule in a dive center with a very precise boat timings. Could you elaborate more on this?

The reason I am asking is I feel like an instructor without a home at the time. I am a PADI OWSI and was supposed to be a RAID instructor already but due to issues beyond my control, that does not feel like it will happen. I do love RAID but do not like that an instructor needs to be affiliated with a dive center. I am looking for an agency to call home where I can be independent and work my towards instructor trainer and tech instructor.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

@cerich I have watched this video a few times and have been all over the website. Based on the video I have a few questions.

So each instructor (or dive center) needs to build the bars to use in the pool correct?

If they are required to build them, how does this work in the ocean when conditions do not play well such as in current or swells?

I like the idea behind teaching neutral buoyancy from the get go as I feel that is missing in the majority of scuba training. Having said that, I feel like taking this out on a boat and setting up and having to tear it down could be time consuming and play havoc on a course schedule in a dive center with a very precise boat timings. Could you elaborate more on this?

The reason I am asking is I feel like an instructor without a home at the time. I am a PADI OWSI and was supposed to be a RAID instructor already but due to issues beyond my control, that does not feel like it will happen. I do love RAID but do not like that an instructor needs to be affiliated with a dive center. I am looking for an agency to call home where I can be independent and work my towards instructor trainer and tech instructor.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
The bars are easy to build and the feedback has been easier to use than most instructors expected when they first were introduced to them. In OW you can use the side of a platform easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom