Snowbound and landlocked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweetieface

Reaction score
Am I crazy for wanting to start Diving at this late date.

I have always loved the water and we found out DH may be sent to a more diver friendly base. I have always wanted to dive but have lived in the midwest most of my life.

They offer cert through the AF rec. Is this good enough to start and where do I go from there.

What a question, huh? You can see I'm just starting to see how far I can go or might want to go.

Any information or suggestions of where to go for more info would be much appreciated.

Donna

Sure it is... have fun diving wherever you go! While the course through the AF may be cheap, getting a great instructor is worth whatever it costs. Read all you can before your class... make sure they emphasize neutral buoyancy and trim. You won't be disappointed.

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Good place to learn, compare, argue. :krach: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

don
:sly:

Plenty of opportunity to expand your knowledge base once you have completed OW.
And welcome sweetieface to SB!

Welcome to the scuba board, and especially to Grand Forks!

Start learning anywhere... soon enough you'll know what you need to learn, then take it from there! (local diving available)

sweetieface:
Am I crazy for wanting to start Diving at this late date?

Welcome, Sweetieface!

Maybe you're not a teenager, but it's not too late to take up this fantastic sport. It's a great activity to share with your kids, as well.

Get all the free training you can! And be sure to explore this board; you'll probably discover areas that need more training. This board can also help you find good people in your area to help you expand your skills.

Go for it! Have lots of fun! Where do you think you'll be transferred?

L2GD

Azors islands, Guam, Japan DH is due for overseas assignment.

WOW waterwily, I didn't think there were any areas to dive here. Glad to see someone local. Do you happen to know where the LDS is? Someone said there was one but darned if I can find it. Thanks

NetDoc:
Sure it is... have fun diving wherever you go! While the course through the AF may be cheap, getting a great instructor is worth whatever it costs. Read all you can before your class... make sure they emphasize neutral buoyancy and trim. You won't be disappointed.
great advice ... a good instructor can make all the difference... and if you get any questions during your course, just post it here ... and you'll get some great answers.

Brian

Hay Sweetieface,

Welcome to the board. It's never to late to learn something new and exciting. I'll second, of third as the case may be, that the Instructor will make all the differance in the world. Ask for referances and speak to the former students if you can. Find out what they have to say. I did my open water at Kadena AB in Okinawa years ago and had the chance to dive some really great places while I was in the AF. I'm not sure exactly what you do for a job in the AF but one of the nice bennies of Military travel is the ability to take your gear with you on TDY. Take advantage of the opertuinity and have fun.

DH is Chaplain in AF. I'm just along for the ride.

Thanks for all the help. They haven't posted who the instructor will be yet, I'll be sure to check out credentials and reputation when I find out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom