Snorkling location suggestions around Lag Bch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainmanpaul

Reaction score
I was thinking about taking the kids snorkling somewhere around laguna. I checked out the rock jetty at Corona Del Mar beach. The water is calm and entry is easy which is good for the kids. Does anybody have other good easy snorkling spots they may want to share?

Make sure everyone diving has a snorkle, since without a snorkle you can't go diving (It's true, trust me)

I am planning on doing an early Deadman's dive... Anyone up for that?

Try Heisler Park, Divers Cove and/or Shaws Cove in Laguna Beach. There are reefs on both sides at all but Divers Cove which is mainly on the left. All three have rather shallow water and usually light surf and surge. Visability is usually pretty good at all three, but Shaws usually has the best. Most local dive shops do there open water dives at Shaws and Divers, so if you go in the morning there should be someone there who can point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

Scott, I felt it was on-topic since it related to snorkles. Anyway, you should be able to find a ton of snorkle spots straight down from the park. You can walk down the bridge and go south and snorkle at Rocky Beach... They have a lot of tide pools there as well... Melvin and I check out this site one day... It was not so amazing, but a fun dive anyway (saw my 1st octopus that day)

Check out these pictures to get an idea of where you can snorkle:

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/captionlist.cgi?searchstr=heisler+park&flags=0

Hope this helps!

divebuddysean:
Scott, I felt it was on-topic since it related to snorkles. Anyway, you should be able to find a ton of snorkle spots straight down from the park. You can walk down the bridge and go south and snorkle at Rocky Beach... They have a lot of tide pools there as well... Melvin and I check out this site one day... It was not so amazing, but a fun dive anyway (saw my 1st octopus that day)

Check out these pictures to get an idea of where you can snorkle:

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/captionlist.cgi?searchstr=heisler+park&flags=0

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info Y'all. I really like that link. Gotta stick that one in my favorites. I'm thinking I like the idea of starting at shaws and heading west. i'm only taking my oldest daughter (15 years old) so she should be able to handle the swim.

Another great spot is Fisherman's Cove, right next to Diver's. There is a really shallow reef you can float over forever about 200' from shore. Just swim out to the rocks you see from shore...can't miss them.

Reef Point in Crystal Park, Crescent over toward Seal Rock, Crescent East side, Divers Cove, Fishermans Cove, Shaws Cove, Montage Resort, Thaila street, Main street and Woods Cove. All of these are shallow water dive sites and offer some great snorkling in close. My order of preference is as they appear. vis will of coure make all the difference as to if they are great or just getting wet.

Back
Top Bottom