Snorkeling Suggestions for Oahu in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And as others have said... The North Shore is a bad idea this time of year, the waves either make it dangerous or drops the vis to near zero. Most of the wrecks in Waikiki are way too far off shore to snorkel to. You can usually get the dive operators there to bring you along for the ride at a reduced rate from the divers.

I wouldn't know about that, but you should be choosy before deciding on North Shore this time of year. I check the surf report every day looking for trends that I could hope to exploit on the weekend. But diligence is still required, and when in doubt don't go out. But having said that, take a look at this.

[vimeo]17485033[/vimeo]

Peace,
Greg

Greg, all I see is a white square. Kind of like looking out at Waimea when it's 40 feet and glassy?

Do you mean 40 feet deep and glassy?

I lived on the North Shore for 5 years, including photographing the infamous Dec. 10th Eddie, and I would be impressed/surprised to see a pic or vid of glassy 40 foot Waimea faces that looked like a white square.

Greg, all I see is a white square. Kind of like looking out at Waimea when it's 40 feet and glassy?

I'm not following you, the video is working perfectly fine for me.

Peace,
Greg

After your post, "take a look at this", all I see is a blank, white square. No video.

I remember going to the N shore while living on Oahu to see the big swells. A couple days it was just mist....like fog, from all the crashing waves. Couldn't see much of the big waves on the outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom