snakes ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In water encounters? Saw a snake while diving in Florida (fortunately for me, the aligator ate him before he got to close :) ). Never seen one in Texas (it helps that the viz is usually less than 10').

I've seen some while diving the Comal below the tube chute. Makes me think twice about grabbing rocks to stop my self during a fast drift dive like that.

I came close to one sunday at cypress springs..weird i figured the water would be to cold for em..

loosebits:
In water encounters? Saw a snake while diving in Florida (fortunately for me, the aligator ate him before he got to close :) ). Never seen one in Texas (it helps that the viz is usually less than 10').
None of that sounds encouraging, you know...? :shakehead

I don't guess I have ever heard of a diver getting bit in the water...?

I know the only ones I've seen underwater were just LARGE brown water snakes. Nothing venemous. Still if you stuck your fingers in there hole I'm guessing they might think "Hmmm, snack time?"

We were diving a lake back in the 80's and had one swim between my buddy and I underwater. We gave it plenty of room and it went on its way. The experience did make interesting post-dive conversation.

Underwater? Nope, I've never had an encounter. However, once upon a time, while boating along after water skiing, my brother and I ran past a 4 foot diamondback rattler. The funny thing was we were easily 200 yards from any shore and the snake was headed up the LENGTH of the lake, not simply crossing. I had no idea that a rattlesnake would take to water that way.
I firmly push that memory out of my head while doing lengthy surface swims in freshwater lakes and quarries, by the way.

Now Frank don't forget the 'rubber' snake!! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom