Snake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
Our olives are very friendly and curious. Often I'll have one in my bc or under my hair around my neck. One day I had one wrapped all around me trying to help me look through the viewfinder. Very annoying - he stuck with me, wrapped around my arm, head on my hand, for more than 20 minutes. They won't hurt you :D
First off... beautiful shot (as always!)

Second, please tell me you have a picture somewhere of a venomous sea snake wrapped around your neck, arm or something. This I would like to see! :11doh:

Beautiful shot, Alcina!!!

I ga-rawnnnnnn-teeeee you that having one of those puppies around the neck or in the hair would make some divers clear the surface on ascent!

the K

alcina:
Thanks, all.

Yup, this is an olive, one of the top guys for venom. It's been said that if you were in shallow water and had a cut and one expelled its venom into the water near you it wouldn't be pretty. I don't know about that, but it makes a great story :wink:

Our olives are very friendly and curious. Often I'll have one in my bc or under my hair around my neck. One day I had one wrapped all around me trying to help me look through the viewfinder. Very annoying - he stuck with me, wrapped around my arm, head on my hand, for more than 20 minutes. They won't hurt you :D

Is this a contingency they cover in open water classes down there? :D Cool shot.

alcina:
Or you can do what I do when they really get annoying...pass them off to your buddy :D :14:

I know who I aint divin' with during sea snake season!! :wink: :D Totally awesome pic!!!

The Kraken:
I ga-rawnnnnnn-teeeee you that having one of those puppies around the neck or in the hair would make some divers clear the surface on ascent!

dude, i'd become Earth's first artificial satellite launched with compressed air

my idea of underwater encounters is they stay over there, and i stay
over here... and unless you're 100% harmless, LEAVE ME ALONE

:wink:

Great picture and I totally agree with ANDY. Dont like snakes and they know it :D

Great picture alcina, i've been trying to find this thread!

And ummm about that olive snake getting up close and personal with you.....
That's unbelievable, think i'd freak out immediately if that happened to me :D.

I can only dream. I love snakes, poisonous or not, and I would love to have that kind of natural companionship on a dive. Just because they can kill you doesn't mean they are out to. I would be in heaven, not literally I hope, with that kind of dive.

Great shot though. It reminds me of "Animal Planet" channel. :)

Back
Top Bottom