SMOKING & TAX'S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cdiver2, i believe you know of the rediculous prices of cigs in the UK with the huge taxes levied there, just like the gas issue, its so much cheaper over here :wink:

I think i was paying somewhere in the region of $3.50 per individual pack (18-20 cigs) and about $20-25 for a carton (i think) in the UK last time before i quit. Gas is between $6-7 a gallon in the UK as well (all depends on exchange rates).

A pack of 25's were abou $12 here when I gave up. I used to smoke Roll-Your-Owns and for a 50 gram pouch of Tobacco, papers and filters was around $30 when I gave them away. I hated Tailor Made's as they tasted like cardboard.
The tax on each was about 80% I believe. I didnt give up because of that though, that made me more determined to keep smoking but finally I gave it up about 18 months ago because of diving.

Best thing I ever did. (Still miss 'em when I am having a beer though)

Azza:
A pack of 25's were abou $12 here when I gave up. I used to smoke Roll-Your-Owns and for a 50 gram pouch of Tobacco, papers and filters was around $30 when I gave them away. I hated Tailor Made's as they tasted like cardboard.
The tax on each was about 80% I believe. I didnt give up because of that though, that made me more determined to keep smoking but finally I gave it up about 18 months ago because of diving.

Best thing I ever did. (Still miss 'em when I am having a beer though)

More determined? Can you say "obstinate?" Just kidding.

Before my old man quit (at $.35 US / pack) he smoked Bull Durahm roll-your-owns, which he claimed were the floor sweepings form the Camel plant. His reasoning? No-one would bum them. He was pretty tight with his money...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom