Smoke on the water fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello

I tried out a pair of these the other day, and thought they were the best fins I've used. However, I don't like all black gear for visibility reasons.
Are these the same as other Atomic Aquatic split fins apart from the colour and the silly name, or are their actual differences?
Can anyone help?

I agree...check their website and/or give them a call for a definitive answer. In the meantime, I have the smoke on the water because I like the color. The name is just marketing hype. I believe there are minor differences in stiffness between the different colors, but I doubt most people would ever notice. The smoke on the water fins come with the very nice spring straps, but you can always add those to any other color.

I would get the color of your choice and add the springs if you like them.

I asked the same question to Atomic and they told me the "Smokes" were made from a different composition from their other fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom