Smelly Air

Have you ever detected any kind of odor from the air in your scuba tank?

• Yes, more than a few times.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Yes, but rarely.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • No, never.

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never had smelly air and would not dive with it if it ever happened.

Didn't notice anything until I had been down a while, wondering if the strange taste was just a repeat of last night's dinner. Then I cleared my mask. YUCK!!! It was so bad I had to call it quits and surface. Turned out to be moldy filters and the store that filled it really didn't care to hear about it. "You don't like it, don't dive" and "It won't hurt you" were the only comments.
Another lesson learned about dive prep.

"It isn't paranoia if they're really out to get you."

Only time I've had it happen was due to one o2 cleaned tank not being properly rinsed after cleaning. After a few more rinses, the tank was fine, and the tank monkey who failed to rinse the tank was somewhat chagrined, but no harm caused.

Once, Ive "seen" funky air. It wasnt actually in my tank tho.
It was actually during my OW course and it was the instructors tank. His was the only one that was weird. It didnt SMELL weird, but it was definetly a smell to it that just shouldnt be there. So you could say I actually got an example of bad air with the "never dive air that seems bad" lecture :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom