Question Smartphone housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KMCF

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of buying underwater housing for mu iPhone 13 Max. Debating between the SeaLife and Kraken, The Kraken has the option of adding wet lenses but not sure how well they really work or if even necessary. Any recommendations and things to consider greatly appreciated.

After seeing awesome pics and videos that my friend took with his old iPhone 6S using a Kraken, I bought a pretty basic housing that will accommodate my now-retired 7 Plus. It hasn’t gotten wet yet. It was less than $50; reviews were good. We’ll see.

I agree that one should not dive with a high-end primary phone.

After seeing awesome pics and videos that my friend took with his old iPhone 6S using a Kraken, I bought a pretty basic housing that will accommodate my now-retired 7 Plus. It hasn’t gotten wet yet. It was less than $50; reviews were good. We’ll see.

I had an old iphone lying around but went with a "parts only" eBay Pixel since it had the native camera app support instead of a 3rd party app.

Yeah my Kraken hasn't leaked at all, but man I would be bummed to loose my camera, i'd be beyond furious to loose my camera AND my daily cell phone.

That being said I tend to think every waterproof housing/case eventually fails, more a matter of when than if, so I doubt I'll ever risk a primary (sorry not sure what else to call the cell I use every day) cell phone.

I have Kraken and overall really like it, but I would not trust my daily/primary phone to any of these underwater housings.

You can read my take on the Kraken here
Have you tried any of the wet lenses?

How did you find one that cheap? They seem to be $300+ on the Kraken website : /

How did you find one that cheap? They seem to be $300+ on the Kraken website : /
Sorry if I was not clear. It’s not a Kraken. No Bluetooth. Just a basic housing made in you-know-where, with physical buttons. I wouldn’t trust it with a phone that’s needed for communication.

Back
Top Bottom