Question Lens help for TG-6 with PT-059

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

DagrScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all...

I have been using the TG-5/6 for a while with the FCON-T01 (no housing). Now that I've added the PT-059 housing this wet lens won't work.

I've been looking at the backscatter m52 air lens and the Kraken KRL-11.

The m52 air lens seems to come with a custom blackout flash cover... is something similar needed with the Kraken lens?

Obviously trying to keep this as a lower budget system. (Currently have a sealife universal flash & sealife 2500 video light to pair with it).

Thanks in advance... not sure which of these lenses would serve me best (they are a similar price).

-Dagr

I have been using the TG-5/6 for a while with the FCON-T01 (no housing). Now that I've added the PT-059 housing this wet lens won't work.
Why won't the FCON-T01 work with the PT-059?

Tag. Im making the same decision. But with the Kraken housing.

Leaning towards the m52 because people are raving about it.
I ended up getting the m52 air for simplicity... It also is vented so you don't have to worry about burping and the flash adapter is really nice! I won't have a chance to dive it for another month but in looking forward to it!

As to why you can't use the fcon t01, it has a smaller thread and is designed to sit today against the camera lens not the housing.

I have an air lens and love it so much.I used it for the first time on Bali trip for the wreck dives and the manta dive. The results were excellent.

I ended up getting the m52 air for simplicity... It also is vented so you don't have to worry about burping and the flash adapter is really nice! I won't have a chance to dive it for another month but in looking forward to it!

As to why you can't use the fcon t01, it has a smaller thread and is designed to sit today against the camera lens not the housing.
I think you still need to burp the lens

No, the air lens has slits in it to allow water in. Works great btw! Happy with the lens ... Had some issues breaking in a new flash though, but got some great pics on a recent live aboard trip!
I do like the size of the lens. I just upgraded to the KRL02. I will be trying out in a few weeks in the Red Seas

I have the vented backscatter m52. Really like the lens, but I do still have to burp it occasionally, so I just do it every time to be sure.
Same here, I see bubbles coming out of the vents. It’s a really nice lens, perfect for big thinhs. I got great shots of mantas and the wrecks in Bali in March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom