Smart Trak to Logtrak import

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 424134
I got this one on Ebay for $30. I have Windows 10 and it worked as soon as I plugged it in, no problems whatsoever. I don't have Logtrac but it works great with Smartrac.
Hi Max,
I'm in Sydney, Australia and have just got a used Gal Sol and i have been trying to buy a irda dongle to change the settings, but everyone here shakes their head and says they can't help me.
I have Smartrack and Windows 10, can you tell me specifically which dongle to buy off Ebay, specifically the US item number.
I will appreciate any help.
regards
Trevor

Hi Max,
I'm in Sydney, Australia and have just got a used Gal Sol and i have been trying to buy a irda dongle to change the settings, but everyone here shakes their head and says they can't help me.
I have Smartrack and Windows 10, can you tell me specifically which dongle to buy off Ebay, specifically the US item number.
I will appreciate any help.
regards
Trevor

Ebay # 182932287333

I just bought my new G2 and have been able to export out of Smart Trak and input into LogTrak It was easy once you select the proper file to export to. (Travel Trak CE Log Book is the export type) When I went to look at my 100 dives I saw that only 53 were transferred. Anyone see this issue? I'm not sure how to proceed... Any help is appreciated...

I just exported / imported all of my dives from SmartTrak into LogTrak in the same way as Mikey here suggested and it worked perfect, it imported all of my 749 dives.
Maybe a tip for Mikey, you have to select all of your dives you want to export, if you don't select them all they will not get exported.

But what a disappointment is that program LogTrak compared to the good old SmartTrak, my God!
I expected a high tech fancy software program belonging to a high tech fancy dive computer the G2C is, I payd more then € 1100,- for the computer and got a piece of software that looks like a shareware program!!! Scubapro what did your technicians think when they developed this piece of sh..??
I sincerely hope that there will be a very big software update in the near future!!

Yesterday evening I took a look at Diving Log 6.0, it seems easy to import all of my old dives from SmartTrak, have to see how it's with downloading new dives from my G2C but the program looks a lot friendlier then LogTrak.

A suggestion to Scubapro (if they also read Scubaboard?) send all your LogTrak customers a registration code for Diving Log 6.0 for free, that would probably solve a lot of the complaints hahahahaha

I have Smartrak on a Windows 10 computer that is on its deathbed but it looks like I have to keep it alive because SP can't be bothered to stay in touch with what the users want/NEED.
LogTrak is actually a pile of crap in comparison to SmarTrak. Scubapro have consistently failed to correctly support the software for their rather expensive computers.
Now I have moved to Mac the fact that SmarTrak doesn't have a Mac version is the last straw.
I have been a Scubapro user/advocate since the mid 70's but a divorce is now on the cards. The G2 looked like the natural successor to the Sol but the support is just not there.
My next computer is now likely to be a Shearwater Perdix AL because at least, by reputation, Shearwater always support their products.
Incidentally the SP IrDA issue was actually the fault of MS where in the early versions of Windows 10 they removed the IrDA stack claiming it was obsolete (maybe a point but still a lot of IrDA out here). I had to join their Insider program to get the revised versions with the stacks back in place. It was me hunting around for the solution that sorted out my issue. All I got from Scubapro were a few nondescript grunts an ahhs!
Since early 2017 (I think), Windows 10 updates have included the infrared "stack". My SmartTrak works perfectly with Windows 10. I agree that LogTrak is a pile of horse manure and currently saving Smarttrak files as asd files and uploading to LogTrak doesn't work. You could abandon Scubapro altogether and use www.divinglog.de It is brilliant software which "speaks" to virtually all the dive computers currently available.

I poked around a bit more on the SmartTrak/LogTrak situation. Here are some findings:

I downloaded LogTrak onto one of my Windows 7 systems. LogTrak wanted Java, so I installed that. LogTrak didn't like the Java I installed. Turns out LogTrak wanted 32-bit Java even though I ran 64-bit Windows 7 on a 64-bit chip.

LogTrak can import TravelTrak files with the .asd extension. SmartTrak can actually export TravelTrak files. So I selected all of my SmartTrak dives and exported them as a .asd file. Then I tried to open/import that file in LogTrak. LogTrak saw the file, began importing, but never got past 0% on the progress bar. There has to be a way, but I have not found it.

Then I found that LogTrak supports not only Bluetooth and serial, but also IrDA. Lo and behold, LogTrak recognized my Galileo Sol via the Uwatec IrDA USB stick and read all dives into LogTrak. I was pleased, but not for long. I had about 350 dives on the Galileo, but LogTrak only read 123 of them. No idea yet why it didn't read all.

As for LogTrak vs SmartTrak, biggest difference seems that LogTrak allows you to display the master list with all those dozens of variables that the Galileo tracks, whereas LogTrak displays just seven. I'd like to add more, but apparently that can't be done. It makes for a less cluttered look, and you can easily tab from Profile to Details to Location. But for now, LogTrak looks quite basic and unfinished.

Overall, the big question I'd have is why go from the stable, mature SmartTrak that a great many divers use to a new piece of software that seems basic and does not appear to be terribly compatible. I'd like to know Uwatec's reason for that.

I passed a number of these questions on to my Scubapro rep and hope to get answers.
I agree that LogTrak is a pile of horse manure and currently saving Smarttrak files as asd files and uploading to LogTrak doesn't work. You could abandon Scubapro altogether and use www.divinglog.de It is brilliant software which "speaks" to virtually all the dive computers currently available.

Since early 2017 (I think), Windows 10 updates have included the infrared "stack". My SmartTrak works perfectly with Windows 10. I agree that LogTrak is a pile of horse manure and currently saving Smarttrak files as asd files and uploading to LogTrak doesn't work. You could abandon Scubapro altogether and use www.divinglog.de It is brilliant software which "speaks" to virtually all the dive computers currently available.
Yes I've now decided to use diving log.de Scubapro have just given up the fight to stay ahead of the game. I have now ditched the Sol and have a Shearwater, who don't seem to be able to do enough for their customers, so the request is now not needed from me.

Had the same issue. No clue why a bunch don't import. The export showed all the files, but only some imported. Also - anyone else disappointed with the new LogTrak? Much less versatile than SmartTrak. SmartTrak showed what computer screen looked like throughout the dive as well as tissue loading bar graphs. None of that on LogTrak. Scubapro took a giant step backwards in my opinion.

I have totally lost faith in Scubapro/Johnson Outdoors to do anything to make the LogTrak workable or provide any support. They seem to treat those of us that have invested hundreds or even thousands on their products with contempt and refuse to respond to requests or questions. Now that the interface for the Sol doesn't do what it says it will do I have opted to use a Shearwater (as it displays both tanks at the same time) and an Suunto Eon Steel as my backup (as it is extremely user friendly). Both seem to have decent supported software unlike the Scubapro. The only saving grace is that I did get a fair price for the Sol and 2 transmitters. It was a bit sad after a very long association with Scubapro equipment (since 1975). They do make very good gear but are too complacent with their support an customer coms. A new era has begun and will replace other JO products as and when required.

As I've said previously, Scubapro LogTrak is total junk. However, Suunto's Dive Manager 5 is just as bad, so I was a little surprised to read schumifan above, that you are using a Suunto computer. No doubt the computer is a fine piece of equipment, but Suunto DM5 is also very poor. I still use SmartTrak with my Galileo Luna, but I also use the BRILLIANT Diving Log 6 (www.divinglog.de)

Back
Top Bottom